Saturday, June 1, 2013

#1 Fast Food Gripe

I hallucinate.  So, for me, if fleas appear to be jumping out of the bathroom carpet and biting my feet, I may not always acknowledge it.  However, they were pretty bad today, I could see them, and they left marks. 

My cats are fleabags!  They have been itching a little, but I didn't want to apply any topical until I had weighed Pretty. Pretty hates being weighed.  The only measurement I could get was about 8 pounds. 

[Bad Word]  I only had the 9 pound and up formula. Baby Girl (the other cat) is about 7 pounds. 

I also woke up depressed, depressed enough it took me a while to do my God Time, and depressed enough I didn't take my shower.  When I went out, I hid my hair under my Free Bibles hat.  I've given out 3 Bibles, wearing that hat, this week. 

I figured it might be a good day to go to the pet store and buy some topical flea drops - the ones you put on the back of the cat's neck.  The cat is "poison" to any biting insect.  Anything that bites them dies.  Pretty cool stuff. 

I looked at the back of the package, to see what had worked last time.  I had bought a cheap store brand formula for Baby Girl.  It had entofenprox.  It worked. 

I aimed to find some more, cheap, but a good concentration. 

I got my stuff together.  Ron asked me if I had my bus pass.  Whooops.  I got it. 

I talked to my aunt. 

She is getting us a wheelchair - her father-in-law died recently and the family is happy to give it to Ron.  Awesome. 

I forgot I was wearing the hat.  It was just a hat to me, but people either gaped at me in alarm, were abrupt, or outright avoided me.  Rarely, someone asks for a Bible, and I cheerfully hand it over.  It's a low-key way to do a Handout. 

Of course, and most important, is acting like someone who knows Jesus.  That meant, at McDonald's, waiting on everyone at the beverage bar, because they kept cutting in front of me and I didn't want to be rude. 

I had the time, maybe they didn't. 

Oh, and here's a point: if I were ever looking for a man, I'd pick the man who gets the lid and straw BEFORE getting the drink.  Virtually everyone juggles the full-to-overflowing soda in one hand as they fumble for the lid with the other.  If you already have the lid, you don't have to slop your drink around other people as you try to locate the lid.  One kid almost drenched me in fruit punch (I stood way back). 

Thank you for allowing me to share my #1 fast food gripe. 

I got some value burgers.  I ate 2 there, and got some for later.  I also got a couple value burgers with added grilled onions, for Ron.  We won't tell Ron onions are good for the immune system.  I forgot I had the hamburgers in my tote bag. 

The animals at the pet store just loved me, though, as I bore the delicious fragrance of hamburger.  The carnivores, that is. 

I looked at the rescue cats.  One half-grown kitten was trying so hard to be cute and adoptable.  I felt so sorry for him.  I saw a tortie, and an immense tabby that reminded me of Pretty Girl. 

Which reminded me, I needed flea drops! 

I didn't feel as bad about the flea problem when I saw the huge display at the front door.  Clearly, it's a bad year for fleas, in Houston. 

I looked around and found 2 products with the entofenprox.  One had a 55% concentration.  The other, a 40%.  The 40% product was more expensive.  Huh.  I got the stronger concentration. 

When I got home, I lured Baby Girl with treats.  She is oblivious to anything outside of treats - and I dosed her pretty easily.  Pretty Girl was more resistant, and Ron had to help restrain her.  They're not speaking to me right now. 

Not eough treats in the world to cover that insult, I guess.  They'll love me tomorrow when they stop itching. 

I had to use the flea spray on the carpet, and the drops on the girls, so I'm praying I don't get a migraine tomorrow.  I have problems with insecticides.  Ron's Dad actually put me in the hospital, spraying something in my face because he "saw a mosquito".  The next day I was crippled with a nasty migraine while out with Ron, went to an emergency room, got Imitrex, and the got a big needle full of something that made me forget the next couple days. 

I am organic out of pure selfish need. 

I put the purchases in my bag and headed off.  I had good connections on the bus and was home in half an hour.  Yay.

No comments: