Saturday, June 15, 2013

The other children

"Don't talk to me about pets" my driver told me "I'm sick of pets.  My daughter kills every pet we get." 

My eyes bugged out as I heard her relate the tale.  Three year old child.  Two parakeets.  One dies.  The next day, the other dies.  Mother asks little girl what happened.  "I let him eat my sparkler" (the one you light for July 4th). 

"Why did you let the other one eat your sparkler if you knew he would die?" 
"I don't know." 

So, Mom got a puppy, a pit bull.  Now, that's another blog.  The little girl appeared to love the dog, and carried it everywhere. 

One day, Mom came home from work and found the dog very lethargic.  She checked an hour later, the dog was dead. 

"What did you do to the dog?"
"I gave him fried chicken and biscuits with honey!"
"What, I told you to NEVER do that!" 

[Leaving a toddler alone with a pit bull of any age, a subject for another blog] 

Someone came over later.  "What happened to the dog?"

"Oh," the little girl stated proudly "The dog nipped me so I killed it.  I killed my dog."  According to her mother, the girl has continued to repeat this statement to everyone, about the dog.  "I killed my dog.  I killed it 'cause it nipped me!" 

The mother finished by saying "I'll be so glad when she goes to school (Pre-K) in the fall." 

I can't help but worry about the other children. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of a dog or a puppy dying because it ate chicken, biscuits or honey. Something is seriously wrong with that story and that child.

There are many reported cases of children who kill small animals that grow up to be serial killers. Would not surprise me if this little girl turned into one when she got older.

They say there is something wrong with a lot of psychopaths brains that they apparently lack the normal connections of compassion, etc.

Heather Knits said...

Exactly! They don't call them sociopaths anymore but she certainly sounded like one.

I have heard enough stories about wonderful people having "monsters" that I believe it can be a wiring issue.