Friday, June 14, 2013

Handout report.

It went great. 107 in 45 minutes.

I have had a pretty bad headache today, so this won't be long.

Our ride was late to get there. Ron was worried we would not have enough time. It was a little slow the first couple minutes, but then it picked up.

Some of my favorites:
The black guy in a work uniform, way over in the right turn lane. Looked at me while I was working. Holy Spirit said he wanted a Bible. The man was looking at me like "I know I don't get a Bible". He was so thrilled when I checked the light, ran over, got him, and told him I'd be praying daily (I do).

The Indian lady, in a sari and all, took one look at me and just laughed and laughed joyfully.

The Muslims who declined in a very polite fashion, like I might bite them.

Then I had families. Oh man, let me tell you. Hold the Spanish up next to someone who is clearly latino and they go nuts. I gave away almost a whole case.

I had people honking, window down (in feels like over 100) yelling for Bibles.

I had 3-4 passengers who wanted a Bible, and told the driver to get one. Of course I made sure everyone in the car got a Bible.

I had a lot of people grinning at me. That was nice. No one, come to think of it, was rude, other than obviously ignoring me.

People kept saying they wanted to give me a donation, but I don't accept it - I would be soliciting and would get shut down. I thanked them and asked them to pray for "Everyone getting a Bible today" if they felt led and they said they would.

Pretty soon I was done. I had to hide the sign quickly because I only had one Bible left.

Later on, waiting on our pickup, I saw a guy waiting in a car with the window down. He got #108.

Please pray for them!

No comments: