Monday, March 7, 2011

I set a boundary and I didn't die.

Yesterday I put out my windchimes.  They're a small tinkly type, given me by my adoptive Mom. 

Bark, bark, bark.  All day, all night.  It got really old. 

Ron got loose and belligerent.  He was mad and the dog kept barking.  We had to get up early today. 

As I lay in bed, desperately trying to sleep, I kept hearing odd banging noises.  Ron was having trouble with the talking book machine.  I asked him to stop, but he wasn't very receptive. 

Today at work I did my best, and did a good job.  But after work, Ron referred to our lack of sleep.  I brought up the talking book issue.  He apologized, it wouldn't happen again. 

Good!  I told him.  Because next time, I would not work the next day.  He understood.  Then I dropped the issue entirely. 

"The One Minute Manager" can really be applied to relationships.  Say it, once, in less than a minute.  Then leave it. 

Speaking of leaving it; I kept praying about the barking, kept going back to the windchimes.  I took them down and brought them in the house.  Instant peace. 

AGH.  Stupid animal.  I LIKE my windchimes. 

No comments: