Saturday, March 26, 2011

I thought THAT ride was bad!

Today has already been a really wierd day.  I'm a talker, you can see that in my videos. 

When, during every trip today, I'm silent and staring out the window, you know there's problems. 

We had 3 trips, so far, today.  First trip, going to the warehouse.  I needed candy for work. 

I opened the backdoor of the cab, as the front passenger seat was taken.  "Oh, we're going to be sardines!"  - Another passenger in the backseat means Ron and I are crammed in there with her = sardines. 

The front seat passenger began lecturing me about "complaining".  Hello?  Me?  The one who can find something good in even the worst day ever? 

I went and got Ron, stuffed him in the middle seat (he is good about taking that bullet for me - I hate the middle seat), and got in myself.  The woman was STILL raving. 

I could tell Ron was wondering why the driver was going so fast; but it made perfect sense to me as she began raving about Jesus.  Now, I'm pretty "religious", eh? 

But shouting "Praise Him" at the top of her lungs because Ron told the driver he was born blind... OK - I'm going to keep a very low profile.  I won't even get into the Halleujahs.  I am as dead serious as a heart attack. 

I came in for another lecture when I made a passing joke to the driver about "Always looking good" to Ron.  Apparently this woman took it as a slight, that I dared to notice my husband was blind.  I got a big lecture about how he was  far more spiritual and enlightened, more SENSITIVE than the average guy... I had a hard time not laughing but I was scared enough of her to keep it in. 

Sensitive?  NOW I'm laughing.  Spritual?  I should have told her Ron refers to God as "Torture Man".  [snerk]

I kept thinking, that woman needed her lithium.  It was so, so, obvious to me.  She was manic, and sometimes extreme religious fervor is actually  SYMPTOM of serious mania.  She had all the signs.  She was loud, she was restless, she was confrontational, she wouldn't stop talking, and she was flat out scary. 

I thought THAT ride was bad!  It gets better! 

After we went to the warehouse we got picked up.  I am an extreme bigot now; when I see an older white guy I mentally curse and prepare myself for a DREADFUL ride; the older white guys are horrible drivers. 

Sure enough, he's weaving all over the road and asking VERY intrusive questions.  I just feigned a headache and closed my eyes.  Yikey. 

I had to pee, so bad, but no way was I going to ask him for help.  Lots of dramas and complaining, and I'm thinking the whole time "You aren't going to make it a week."  Bragging to me they're "Going to make him a supervisor", etc.  RIIIGHT. 

Praise God, we finally made it to Walmart.  I got my jar lifter tongs, some low-sugar pectin, more canning jars, and a few utensils I needed for the kitchen. Why did I only have one stirring spoon?  I don't know.  I remedied that. 

Our last ride, was a cab.  He wanted to know how to make the big money in vending, like us.  I finally told him "If you only had a dollar for lunch, would you buy a big bag of chips at the grocery store, or a little bag out of a vending machine."  The big bag, of ... OH. 

Yeah.  Sales are bad.  Ron and I make less than I did working in an office.  That's both of us, combined, make less than I did working in an office.  I do enjoy the work but everyone was acting like we were running some kind of infomercial - "They're in vending, they will tell us 5 easy secrets we need to know to make it rich!" 

I'll tell you the big secret to making money in vending.  Find a guy with a big vending route. 

Go to work for him. 

No comments: