Friday, March 18, 2011

Jam tomorrow?

It seems every time I get depressed, the flavors of the exact depression are a little different.  This one's been far more a loss of interest/fatigue type. 

Anyway, got up early, did my God Time.  Dealt with Ron (yike!).  We went to the grocery store. 

The customers are not buying the big-ticket items.  They want to get a little addition to the lunch they have brought.  I am trying to fill that niche. 

For instance, I found some individually wrapped saltine crackers.  The customer gets two, 5x7 inch crackers, for 25 cents.  From my snack machine.  If you have a quarter, you actually have 3 choices in one snack machine.  I needed more crackers. 

We went to the grocery store that sells them, and got the crackers.  Ron also wanted some bottled soda.  I got that, too. 

We had a pretty good ride to work.  We had to take our new handcart.  It works pretty well.  It isn't very large, but it moves the needed merchandise. 

I unfolded the handcart and loaded our merchandise, got it into the building.  I started doing snacks, which did need a little work, thank God.  I stocked it all.  I checked sodas, did them, did the cold food vending, etc. 

Pretty soon, it's time to go.  I left, went out and waited at the bus stop.  I always do this.  Ron doesn't like waiting.  He, in my opinion, has a very rude approach.  "You just have to wait on me because you can't make me do anything."  I have pleaded, to no avail, to please be ready early (like I am), but he refuses.  No, I won't put on my shoes and fannypack until you tell me the ride is here.  Same attitude at work.  "I won't stop working and come out, until you tell me the ride has arrived.  They will just have to wait while I lock up the wheelchair and stockroom." 

Someone may ask "Why don't you just lie and tell him it's there?"  Because he would get very angry at me, and become even more resistant.   Besides, it's good quality alone with myself time.  I don't care if he disparages me, I kind of expect it.  In fact, if he suddenly morphed into the man I wish I had, I would be very alarmed.  I'd come to enjoy it, but I'd be very, very, cautious at first. 

I do mind, greatly, when he lets that attitude affect others, particularly service professionals who are just trying to make a living.  At any rate, he came out pretty readily today when I told him the ride had arrived. 

We went home for a while.  I checked on the plants.  Some strawberries are almost ripe; and the tomatoes are coming along nicely.  I'm not sure how big a "Patio" tomato gets, but this one is very healthy looking and has nice marble-sized tomatoes.  They're still at that greenish-white stage. 

All the little sprouties looked good.  I fed the birds and came back inside.  We rode to Starbucks.  Ron used his card.  I handed out a lot of candy/scripture booklets, and several Bibles today.  I figure the times are ripe, and God laid it on me. 

We got there, had a little time.  Ron's idea of quality time today, was listening to his talking book and ignoring me.  Hey, he wasn't being ugly!  Maybe that's all he could do.  How sad if true. 

Our next ride came, and we got home around 3.  I took my nap.  Ron pretended to be very shocked that I was taking a nap.  I think it was a "nice" thing.  Not always good with the social cues.  I played along. 

The neighbor kids woke me up about 45 minutes later.  We will have to get up at 5 AM tomorrow to run an errand, so I wanted to sleep in during a nap at least, but that wasn't going to happen. 

That's life.  I got up, came here.  Later on I plan to do dishes, some laundry.  Dinner at some point, God Time, and then bed.  I only have a couple of hours before I need to go to bed. 

I plan to possibly make some jam tomorrow.  I'll see how that works out. 

No comments: