Friday, March 11, 2011

You're going to be so disappointed when you wake up tomorrow.

As I hear about Japan, I am struck with the amazing similarity to the movie, Atomic Twister.  It's one of my favorites. 

A disaster hits the plant.  They shut down and go to backup.  The backup fails.  Now what? 

Ron is very agitated, he keeps talking about meltdown.  Again, another movie "The China Syndrome". 

What a day!  I found it so sad when Ron called a friend.  Ron chatted briefly, and then said he wasn't worried about tomorrow, because he knows where he's going when he dies.  Go ahead, death!  Bring it! 

"Buddy" got very alarmed and said he wasn't ready to die, and didn't know what would happen when he did.  Ron tried to tell him about Jesus; but the guy wasn't hearing it. 

Ron was devastated.  "What's going to happen to this guy?"  Well, I told him, WE know.  I reminded him that not everyone is called by God (John 6:44).  God has not drawn Buddy to Him, yet. 

As events escalate, it is very clear to me that I am living in the end times.  A song came out when I was in High School; I made it my end times theme song. 



The chorus goes:
I'm alive and I'm waiting, waiting.
I'm alive and I'm waiting for this.
Right here, right now;
There is no other place I'd rather be.
Right here, right now:
Watching the world wake up from History. 

Ron is absolutely convinced it's the end of the world.  I'm a lot more skeptical. 

Sure, we could have some REALLY NASTY fallout, nuclear winter maybe?  What does happen with the China Syndrome in Japan?  I don't know. 

Am I worried?  No. 

As far as I can tell, people will die.  Hopefully not many.  Then, World Missionary Press will do a drive: "Help us send Scripture Booklets to Japan!"  I will throw them a few extra bucks in addition to my regular monthly debit, and I'll do whatever God tells me. 

I'm with Jesus.  I think this is just one step forward in the End Times progression.  Is it The End?  I really doubt that. 

I told Ron "You're going to be so disappointed when you wake up tomorrow."  He agreed. 

However, if you've been thinking about getting right with God, now would be a really good time to do it. 

It's very easy.  Examine your life.  We'll take my life as an example. 

I had a lot of pain in my life.  A lot of emptiness.  God wanted to help me; to comfort me and wipe my tears away (Revelation 21:4).  I had a hole in my soul that only God can fill. 

Not only that, I am an extraordinarily imperfect human.  No matter how good I try to be, I'm nowhere near perfect.  I want to be better, but I can't.  I'm human; and flawed. 

I sin.  What is sin?  Well, I believe God puts His laws on our soul.  How does a little girl who has only known sexual abuse, know it is wrong?  Why does it bother us to think of harming a helpless person?  We know it's wrong; God's told us. 

That's why God gave us the 10 Commandments, which he later shortened to 2: Love God, Love yourself and your neighbor. 

Easy to say, hard to do.  God wants to help with that, too.  That's why he sent His son, Jesus, to die for our sins.  He has offered us the ticket to Heaven, all we have to do is accept it. 

How to do that?  Easy.  Take a hard look at your life and your imperfections.  Look at the things you've done wrong.  Realize you can't measure up, and NO ONE is ever good enough to get into Heaven on their own merit. 

However, Jesus has a LOT of tickets to His party.  One with your name on it. 

All you have to do is tell God, "God, I know I'm imperfect.  I know I have done things against Your rules, and sinned.  I want You to come into my life.  I want Jesus to be the boss of my life; and guide me.  I want to be Your child.  Please take away the bad parts of me; help me to master them so I can work on the things You want for my life." 

Mean it.  You're in. 

Come up and yell at me sometime, up in Heaven.  I'd love to give you a hug. 

2 comments:

Bray Cackle said...

A video blog.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Heather.
I know that I'm really glad that I allowed Jesus into my heart and let Him "take the wheel" of my life as the beautiful song goes. It's the only way. Every other way leads to darkness and despair. I didn't used to believe that before, but I know it now.
I used to be terrified, horrified of death. I read somewhere that being a Christian takes the "sting" out of death. I still don't want to die, but I'm not so horrified anymore.

My prayers are with those in Japan and those who were lost. I think that we all, around the world, need to wake up and realize what we are doing and that we bring these things upon ourselves.