Monday, October 14, 2024

Wow wow! A good night sleep and I woke up early with energy!

 For me sleeplessness is a Hallmark of a mania or a depression so this must be "normal".  

I got up and made sauce for my beef burgundy, out of the crock pot juices.  It turned out very well.  I just did the cornstarch trick.  Put some cold water in a glass pyrex in the freezer for about 15 minutes, put the juices in my tiny sauce pan, put 2 T cornstarch in the water and whisked well, got the juices up to boil, added the cornstarch slowly, let thicken for a few minutes while stirring.  

Then I cooked up some pasta for it.  I plan to get whole wheat pasta today though that will be much heartier.  

I ate some of the pasta with salt and olive oil only.  

Then I took out some of the green chili stew juices (not a whole lot there) and used them with some seasoning to make green chili rice.  That is still cooking.  

#6 is going to work now, it's 4:30.  Sucks to be him!  

Then I washed my little plastic containers, I had bought new ones.  Those can dry while I'm taking my shower and the rice finishes up (it's in a rice cooker so I can).  

Shower time.  I'm going to wash my hair with conditioner rather than shampoo - it works, I want to give the henna the maximum time.  I will shampoo it tomorrow.  

It's going to be a high of 97 today so I'm really glad I did my cooking now.  

No comments: