Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Wednesday morning thoughts

I try to be careful what I write about my parents these days.   Suffice to say they are worried sick about the family in Florida right now.  So I am I.  

So I had that at play plus all the brain scramble if having Buddy's # in my phone book.  There's actually a big leap of trust in giving your number to anyone - be it a coworker "I need to go to lunch" or a friend "You're not going to call me in the middle of the night" (I don't keep my phone on generally at night but I will the next night or two, I think, for family in harm's way).  "You're not a stalker"  "You're not going to send me 10000 texts"  etc.  Even down to "You're not going to put my number online".  

So I was careful to respect that and ONLY sent the photo of the bread with no caption.  I mean, who else is going to send him a photo of a half eaten loaf of sourdough bread?  

Mostly eaten, if I'm honest.  


It is very good bread, you should try it if you can.  

He asked if I could get it online and I said I plan to keep it as my "vacation treat".  That I ate a whole loaf (yes I said that before he gave his number) in a week already and that is plenty for a year.  

So, thinking about a lot, PLUS I had my adorable cats in my bed too, I didn't sleep much.  I kept waking up, the cats were there, I would pet and kiss them (yes I did).  

I am mildly curious what turned the tide for him - going from throwing out my number just a month? ago to giving me his yesterday.  I think it was a couple of things.  He may have missed me.  

Family is obviously important for him, and the fact I spent my vacation eating leftovers, a TV dinner, and a food truck while spending my week off with family.  The fact I spent a fair amount of time visiting a sick old man, no relation, in the hospital.  Who knows?  

I was laughing about TSA taking my jar of brisket rub and Hobby airport getting an attitude with me over my loaf of bread and presented it as something funny, not angry.  

I had planned to do my hair last weekend but the henna can flip a migraine and I couldn't face another one.  So I had roots going if he looked.  It wasn't that.  

But I think I answered the "Sweet vs Spicy" argument because I had my hair pulled back in a ponytail and no makeup.  Admittedly I let it dry, down, after using volumizing conditioner, so it was a fuller ponytail.  I was wearing decent-fitting (not tight or baggy) straight leg medium blue jeans and a baggy teal performance t shirt, carrying my purple backpack and wearing one of my older, crocheted multicolored cell phone holders.  

So definitely more of a "sweet" look I think.  

Who knows?  I won't see him today, it's his off day and if he volunteered for another route who knows where he'll go.  

He is not "strict" with the passengers like some drivers but they respect him and generally behave when he's driving.  One reason I don't like riding home on a Wednesday, the Wednesday guy is nice enough but it's a zoo.  

No comments: