Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Very early Wednesday

 Last night at the transit center I was very tired and my feet hurt.  A homeless looking guy with a bike moved so I could sit down, we chatted a little bit.  If I believe him he got into drugs when his pregnant wife was killed in a drunk driving accident.  He didn't ask for money and was very polite and respectful.  We talked about pets mainly, he "stole" someone's neglected/abused dog from a drug house and that thing is his baby, much like me and Biscuit.  

Biscuit got on me this morning, purring, let me pet him.  I think he is unusual in that he is "unlimited pets wherever you want" on his body.  Spotty is very fussy only his head and shoulders, only for a little while.  Cleo only if I am lying in bed and she gets on me.  But Biscuit is any pet, any time, anywhere, for however long I want.  He's a good boy.  

One of my Metrolift drivers said Biscuit was "sexy" and oddly enough it does apply even though he's a flabby old thing.  

And I always remember Frosty and Veronica, a very nice driver with a huge birthmark on her face.  He adored her and would roll on her feet, come running when he saw/smelled her, etc.  I always told her I wanted her to take him if something ever happened to us.  I have never minded if my cats had other friends. 

Work today.  My bosses (2 of them) said I could wear a skort to work the micromanaging one's head exploded when I asked.  I explained I am a "nice" middle aged Presbyterian evangelist I'm not going to wear something "wrong" (I didn't use the word but "slutty"), indicated the hem length on my leg (right above knee) they consulted and said that would be fine, and I reminded them it is a skort so it has a pair of shorts under the skirt as well.  I didn't tell them this but I wore it in front of my parents on a couple of occasions with no issues.  And if an 83 year old man doesn't have an issue I don't think they will.  

So that will be fun.  

Yesterday I wore a flowy romantic lace blouse, the kind with the ruffled cuffs and neckline.  It was a big hit with my coworkers, I got several compliments.   I could work in it very well but it wasn't cotton and didn't breathe as nicely as I would have liked.  

I also got my annual gourds.  I like to get the little pack of assorted small gourds and display them around the house.  I have them around my computer.  They are, to me, worth the $3.  They had some nice gourds at the pumpkin patch in CA but TX is a huge agricultural state and I didn't think it was "right" to bring them even if TSA would have let me (doubtful).  So I have Texas gourds.  

I'm going to take my shower.  

No comments: