Sunday, October 13, 2024

Sauce or gravy?

 I don't believe in keeping secrets.  But, I will, tonight.  

I did a LOT of cooking today, a package of sausage, 4 chicken thighs, 2 and a half pounds of pork chops (still in my big crock pot), 2 pounds of beef shank in the small crock pot.  And 2 pounds of pasta.  

Cooking up the chicken the pan drippings looked so good I tried my hand at a cornstarch gravy, that turned out very well.  I made another gravy with the pan drippings from the sausage later.  I am very very happy.  

For some reason I don't have trouble making a cornstarch sauce/gravy.  But I am going to refer to them as "sauces made with cornstarch" when I talk to my Dad because he is a gravy fiend.  I guess I inherited that although I am a brown gravy woman.  Dad isn't picky.  

I haven't made a gravy in a good 20 years.  But I still have it.  My trick I put the water in the freezer for a little bit before I hit it with the cornstarch, then pour it in the skillet after I mix it.  

That's it for now, I'm going to take a little nap.  

No comments: