Monday, October 7, 2024

Just when I think I'll never see him again

 I had to take care of something after work which I knew would make me late for my usual bus.  But I haven't seen Buddy in weeks.

It doesn't really matter when I get home as long as it's light out, ideally.  So I was fine catching a later bus.  

Sure enough, I was on the wrong side of a very busy street when my usual bus came.  I tried to get a look at the driver but only got enough profile to tell it was a man, race unknown, with a fuller beard than Buddy.  

I missed it of course.  I would never expect to hold up an entire bus.  One time a driver - a nice older man - *did* wait but it is *extremely*  uncommon.  And this bus runs often enough.  

So I waited and caught the next bus which overtook the first bus.  The "usual" bus was pulling up behind mine as I got off.  

I don't know what made me turn my head as I passed but lo and behold, guess who?  I don't know if he saw me.  I waved as I passed and kept going.  

But like the title says, every time I give up guess who? 

He does presumably have my number if he didn't toss it.  So he would call if he missed me.

No comments: