Saturday, October 12, 2024

I found this very interesting.

 Not this: I have found I am a vain bitch and will do my hair every 3 weeks in spite of the fact I get terrible migraines from the henna and last time vomited in my bucket for an hour after I applied it.  

Today I did 2 things different: I did not put lemon juice in the mix (just a half cup apple cider vinegar and a cup of water, 5 ounces powder), and I also remembered the patchouli oil.  Henna has a very strong, heavy, pervasive, grassy aroma.  I find it "gets in my head" and makes it pound.  

But I'm vain enough the compliments are worth it.  

Last month I had bought a small bottle of patchouli essential oil and thought maybe that would help, if I could put a drop in the paste and mix it "real well" before I applied it.  I was halfway through my application henna up to my elbows when I remembered.  So I finished, wrapped my head in plastic.  

I am getting much better at wrapping my head.  

I put on the two shower caps, one in the front, one in the back, after I did the hairline with some petroleum jelly so the henna wouldn't stain.  And I put a drop of patchouli oil at the bottom of my throat at the collarbone.  

And I did not have a headache.  The patchouli was nice and pleasant, I did not smell the henna much.  I am glad I have a whole bottle of the patchouli!  

It always takes a while to rinse it out, about 25 minutes or so.  Not necessarily a good thing in a drought area (I did live in CA 15 years) but fine for Houston.  I like to use the Garnier Whole Blends Cocoa Butter conditioner after I'm done.  I apply it, put my hair up in a clip, washed my body, rinsed it out.  

I don't understand the biology enough, but henna, while very conditioning long term, makes my hair very coarse and dry for the first day or so.  Or at least it has when I used the lemon juice.  We will see when it dries.  It feels pretty soft now.  

I have decided I like to do the henna every 3 weeks.  I don't think it's too long because a lot of ladies with braids at work spend hours in the chair every month or so.  

Biscuit was in my bed, on the pillow, didn't want to share but I was "mean", moved him, took a nap.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: