Saturday, October 5, 2024

Cleo has walls...

 If I wanted a cat to adore me endlessly I'd pick Spotty.  He was the most upset I'd left and has spent the most time literally ON me since I got home, getting pets, purring at me and slobbering on my hand.  

Biscuit loves me but he has boundaries, which are fine.  He has not slept with me since the night I came home, I guess he has a new routine now.  That's OK.  

Cleo is probably the most damaged of my cats, she is very independent and aloof.  She will climb on me in bed occasionally for pets but it's always on her terms.  I only call the cats when I have a treat, by the way.  

I've always left the bathroom door open, unless I had visitors.  This morning I went in to "use it" and was there a minute looking at something on my phone.  And who comes in but Cleo, close enough to pet, meowing at me?  

So I petted her and told her she was pretty, and I missed her.  She purred at me and walked off.  

But she's opening up.  She never came up to me in the bathroom before.  

Whatever she wants to give me, is fine in my book.  I'm glad she chose to be my cat at all.  

No comments: