Wednesday, October 9, 2024

I had a nice first trip

 With a driver I'll call Lady.  She has had the route for a while.  

Topics of conversation: Another Bible Handout?  Gossip about the cats.  Homeless person setting up shop at my bus stop.  

I am NOT HAPPY about the last but there's not much I can do about it.  The person is apparently "marking" the territory much like a stray animal, by leaving a tote full of junk with a half eaten loaf of bread, a Tyler Perry DVD, etc.  If I had a car I'd throw the tote in the trunk and then a dumpster.  Houston has an ABUNDANCE of shelters and "housing first" programs so I don't feel bad.  

I wait in an area that is not ideal for personal safety.  I have just been focusing on the road but I feel like I need to watch my back and sides, now, too.  

Yes, I know I should have been, anyway.  

At least the transit center is better lit now.

That's it for now.  

No comments: