Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Parts of my day were very unusual

 Ride to work was pretty uneventful; the 6:30 bus (my second ride to work) was a little late so I caught her.  One of her regulars fell asleep on the bus and she shouted at him when she got to the stop, woke him up so he could go to work.  I was impressed enough I called in a compliment when I got off.  

Work was good, but very very odd.  I can't say much else.  My boss looks exhausted.  One of the Team Leads at work is very ill and nearly died, things are moving on without him of course (a corporation doesn't need you, ever).  Another team lead, one I like - (why?  Well he is a hard worker, kind manager, never gets angry, and I find him very appealing - there is just something about a guy with a close cropped beard!), confided he is getting ready to leave the store.  I gave him my number - he took it and called me so I could put his number in my phone book (!!).  

I told you it was a different day.  I am putting myself out there.  I have given my number to 3 guys in a week; or they have given me theirs, depending on how you look at it.  I don't plan to do anything extreme but it is nice to know they want contact.  

Anyway we were having a hushed conversation about his departure and I said something along the lines of "They don't need you - this place is a meat grinder" YES he replied.  "Look what happened" I said "To (the guy who almost died).  Just like my husband, he gave his life to his company and they replaced him in 2 days".  "Exactly" he replied "You've got to have balance" I continued "Time with people you love, that's the only thing that's important".  Someone came along so we stopped talking.  

I guess I can say this customers were misbehaving all day.  My boss was actually very sweet for her which was different.  

I got out of there at 4 and caught the early bus.  Don't know how I did that to be honest, most Wednesdays I'm stuck out there 40 minutes.  I went by the grocery store on the way home.  

I caught a different driver from the grocery store to the house and I had the "snack" for her.  She was thrilled to see it.  "You did something with your hair!' she cried "Let me SEE it!"  So I took out the elastic and shook out my ponytail, she loved it.  She was particularly thrilled I was interested in "a" bus driver and that he had said he liked it (he has, more than once).  It was a long walk home but I mainly had vegetables and a little fruit.  

I got a lot of frozen veggies, and some fresh, to make a big chicken and veggie soup this weekend.  Milk for Biscuit who was ecstatic.  A can of refried beans and some ready to eat cornbread from the bakery (they had a nice slice about 4 inches square for $1  Maybe 5 inches?).  

Biscuit's girlfriend (my friend at work) has been encouraging me to eat more fruits and vegetables so I thought I could bring her a nice banana and some of those little easy peel oranges.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: