Sunday, September 13, 2020

Well, I'm feeling a little better

 I should be back to normal in a few days.  I am just so glad that doctor wrote a refill for my prescription.  I am still not 100% but about 60% right now.  I have focused on taking it easy and getting lots of rest.  I have had well over a gallon and a half of various liquids, as well.  I'll be OK.  

I also spent a fair amount of money (for me) buying Uva Ursi cut and sifted herb.  Pour boiling water over 1/2 teaspoon and let steep a while, then drink.  I am going to do one mug before and after sex.  I also got some D-mannose.  That has a really good record for prevention.  I am going to do what I can.  

If the problem persists I will see a doctor but this infection is going to be on the way out pretty soon.  OOps I did it again.  

I thought I had published and I didn't.  

I slept better last night (less pain) but still bad enough I took some Advil when I gave Ron his pills.  I am getting pretty good at heating up some food, shoveling it into him, pills, and then back to bed.  

My uva ursi is coming today I have had good luck with it in the past.  The nice thing, from my herbalist days it was VERY hard to get raw herbs, if I was lucky I could get them at Whole Foods but that was a long trip anywhere I lived (I do not live in a Whole Foods neighborhood, Lupe's Taqueria maybe or Moe's Rib Shack perhaps).  

But Amazon has brought it.  I can look up individual herbs.  The key term is C/S that means cut and sifted.  It is ready for a tincture or infusion (tea).  And it is easier for me now I have my electric kettle, very easy to boil water now.  

I will likely make myself an infusion, absolutely doing that a couple times a day until the antibiotics run out.  I will also make a tincture, pour some of Ron's alcohol over the herb in a glass container and let that sit for a month or two.  Then I can take a dropper or two every morning and when I am "active" to help.  Although I may do the tea for the "active" part, I am not sure.  

Point being it's going to be great having the herb.  I am going to get started on it right away, and it was only about $10.  I got some licorice root too, that comes Monday, because that makes things taste better and is very good for stomach/immune system.  The mannose comes next week, a little late for current bladder conditions (I hope I am better by then!), but good for future prevention.  I think I am just going to take some mannose every day (the best deal was an 8 ounce package, for a little more than one of those little 3 ounce jars), so I will have plenty to take.  

I will be glad when I am better, though, I have forgotten how much a bladder infection sucks.  

WOW that was super nice.  As you know I have a prayer notebook with pages of notes on prayer issues I want to cover.  My secret pal who sends me the notes, etc. has been such a blessing I added another page.  

I pray for encouragers; that they be given encouragement; that I be a better encourager (it is one of my spiritual gifts).  That's just a small tidbit.  

But this year has been embarrassing so many blessings from God.  Some I have covered, some I have not.  Anyway Larry called, he has a little restaurant and said he had a couple of plates leftover from yesterday and would we like them?  He named: fried chicken, red beans and rice, dirty rice, green beans, corn on the cob, bbq ribs AND chicken, etc.  I said absolutely and he brought it over.  Two huge clamshells full of food.  

Ron nearly ate himself sick.  It is so hard to get Ron to eat so this is a huge blessing, a provision of all ready to go delicious soul food, all I have to do is heat it up!  Wow!  I love that!  

I will tell you now, I had been secretly wishing to God for someone to bring takeout and boy did He come through!  I am glad I had already cleaned out the fridge I had so much food.  

And I finally got up my nerve to try the Walmart canned pulled pork (I am saving Larry's food for Ron) and it was delicious, I will be getting more.  So it's been a good morning in spite of my illness.  

I am working on the cranberry juice now.  Happily I ordered a lot so I am set for a while.  

Every fall I always forget to put the plastic jack o lanterns (the kind with a lightbulb so they glow) in the window until a week or two before the 31st.  This year I took them out of storage and put them in the window, and found my scripture booklets.  I have enough left over from last year I don't need to get more.  

I DON'T expect to get a lot of kids this year so I will probably only do up about 50 bags.  But it's Saturday so I may do 100.  If I don't hand it out I can give it to my drivers.  

I may need to order some kiddie tracts.  

No comments: