Friday, September 25, 2020

Thursday and Friday

 Yesterday was a longer day, I had to run to the bank, to the warehouse, go to work and stock.  

I had to listen to a delusional and poorly educated left-winger raving about politics.  His companions kept pointing me out to him and he said I "didn't matter".  He is lucky I did not make a video the way he was talking about white people he would have been disciplined.  In addition to "not mattering" I was 'business" and "business is out to get you".  

Funny.  I thought it was my job to get you a nice fresh honeybun and a can of Coke on your break.  Boy they would scream if we left the building.  I did have a couple of people shouting at me but I explained as simply as possible: 

1.  It is a $50 round trip every time I go to work.  

2.  I made $300 last week.  After paying for my rides I had very limited funds for inventory so I am ONLY buying the MOST popular selections.  

Sorry, you will have to live without your Baked Cheetos.  So I did what I could, took out what money we did make (less than $300 this time) and noted the "asset number" of the broken soda machine for Dr Pepper.  

They (Dr Pepper) have been abysmal about getting me the inventory I need but they have been good about repairing machines for free (part of our contract).  So we will hopefully see the guy Monday.  

Ron has asked, and I am taking him into work.  He can stock the bottled vendor and run change.  I came home but I was pretty beat.  

It is hard adjusting my sleep schedule to the medication routine.  I went to bed early after I fed Ron.  

I woke up at 3.  I stayed busy, got a Walmart delivery, but some things were missing.  I gave Ron his pills on time (I am diligent about that).  I took my pills, also diligent about that.  

It was a pretty quiet day until I got the text from my cell phone provider reminding me they would be doing the auto pay tomorrow.  And for the first time since I GOT a cell phone I didn't have enough money in the account.  

Crap.  So I had to go to Walmart, I was able to pick up the stuff we missed on the order or plain forgot to order.  It was busier than I liked but I was able to do my banking.  

I got a roast chicken for Ron - he had said he would eat it and he is.  I love the roast chicken, I got the 2 pound bird and that is a lot of meat.  Ron can eat for days, I can finally stop worrying about him getting enough protein, etc.  

He also asked me to get some hamburger helper beef stroganoff.  Actually, I had to speak head injury.  He asked for "The dish, you know the one the lady in Canada put the recipe in the book and I called her to thank her".  I immediately knew it was stroganoff.  So I got a box and some hamburger, a frozen chub.  I like the frozen better, better food safety for the ride home AND I can cook it when I want with no deadline.  Ron is going to be busy with that chicken for a few days.  

I also got some fancy decaf teas, with my gift card.  That will keep me occupied for a while.  I came home.  

Ron was very sweet and cuddly today.  It was very endearing.  He just thinks I am the best wife ever.  

I called in the repair request for Monday so we can go early.  That weirdo at work is on the afternoon shift so I can avoid him.  I need to keep Ron away from him, too, as Ron is liable to tell him off.  

I don't care if someone is a liberal.  I do care when someone says I am a POS for being a conservative, that I am out to use, abuse, and exploit people of other races.  Nothing could be farther from the truth as I caretake a black man!  Well, that's what it says on the birth certificate "Negro" although I don't see race when I look at Ron.  But is offensive at best.  

If I talked about black people, and liberals, the way this guy was going on I would be thrown out of, and banned, from the building.  But there is a double standard.  

I will only say I am not mailing my ballot.  Although I did mail the insurance renewal (flood insurance, at the bargain price of only $1648).  

I really try to keep clear of politics.  Although I do have one family member involved in politics.  

So I am good for food for a little bit, more if I have to hunker down.  Everything I am hearing says the virus, the election, is going to cause problems for everyone the next month or two so I want to stay home as much as I can, while still getting stocked up.  I could use more cat litter which I will get when I can, I have enough for a couple weeks though.  

Ron felt bad I had to ask him for money to pay the cell phone and was very glad I used "his" money to buy the groceries.  Normally I use mine.  

It should be a pretty quiet weekend.  Ron is doing well on the seizure drugs and blood pressure medication so I feel good about taking him out Monday.  Ideally I would keep him home but we cannot afford the rides to work.  

The only person who might have given me a ride (one way) to work got very pissy when I refused to make change for a $100 bill he had.  1.  I don't know if it's real.  2.  I can't get rid of it easily.  3.  I need small bills for my own transactions.  3.  You were at the bank getting the $100 you could have gotten some smaller bills instead.  4.  He never buys anything.  

He got very nasty about it but "God doesn't get change for a $50 (or anything larger)" direct quote from Ron.  Anyway that ride is out.  

But he's not a customer and it is not even in our contract to provide change.  I will do $20's all day long I like getting them but not larger bills and Ron, THE BOSS agrees.  

But there is work for Ron to do Monday, but not too much, and I think the other vendor needs to get "a look" (so to speak) at him and see he is still OK.  

That was it for today.  Thanks again for the tea!  

No comments: