Monday, September 14, 2020

Monday

 Still battling the bladder infection.  

Ron was up most of the night with severe nerve pain.  He tried to be quiet but let out the occasional scream.  I had a call into the pain doctor some time ago stating he is having seizures, can't take the Tramadol, and could we get something new?  No response I am going to have to BUG them tomorrow. 

I mean, he can call in something non-narcotic.  He knows Ron's back is a mess.  

So not much sleep last night, bladder yelling, this one is proving persistent.  But I am taking the proper antibiotic.  I am also taking echinacea, vitamin C, cranberry extract, uva ursi (tea), ordered licorice root (tea) which just came, and ordered some d-mannose which is apparently very good for clearing infection but that won't come for a week.  More on that later.  

Ron got a check which I had to deposit.  But he was sleeping and I didn't want to leave without telling him, and he had been up all night, and times like this I am always cognizant of the doctor telling me sleep deprivation can cause seizures, so I sure as hell didn't want to wake him.  

But he did wake up around noon so I told him.  I went to the bank and made the deposit.  We had discussed (at home) cashing the check vs deposit but it is harder to pay cash places now.   And sure enough the teller was telling a guy they didn't have enough cash on hand to cover his check.  

Then I went to Walmart.  I found two things I had really been wanting, generic pyridium (Cystex or phenazopyridine) it changes your urine color?  But is a really effective pain killer.  And, just on the off chance, I looked for the d-mannose, and FOUND IT.  I was thrilled.  I took each before I went home.  

Ron and I had been talking about alcohol and I told him I like a really dark, bitter beer, but it has been so long since I had one I didn't really have a favorite.  But I did some research and got something called "Hopadillo" that warned it was very bitter on the package.  It was a 6 pack.  It sounded good.  12 ounce cans.  I got a package.  

Later, at home, Ron had one sip and didn't like it.  I thought that was funny, Ron not liking alcohol. I finished the can and that is all I plan to have for a while.  But it is there.  I have a drink every couple months so not worried.  

I will need to hide it next month.  Occasionally a friend comes over, he is a heavy drinker and has DUI's.  He won't stop driving drunk and that is going to end very badly with someone maimed or killed.  I will have to hide the beer before he comes.  It is my understanding if he comes over, we provide alcohol,and he gets in an accident we lose the house.  God knows we don't want that.  

But I got everything on the list, a lot of sparkling water to drink for my bladder, etc.  I paid and waited outside.  Arturo was a ways off so I sat on the bench.  A homeless woman came over and was bothering me, sitting right next to me on the bench (there were several benches further away), smoking, etc... finally worked her way up to asking me for money.  I told her no and she went away.  Just because I smile does not mean I am a stupid sap who is going to give up MY hard earned money to support your vices.  

I dealt with enough of them in San Francisco.  They were very aggressive, no respect for personal space, trying to make you uncomfortable so you give them money to go away.  I had to toughen up pretty quick, Ron used to work in a very bad part of town with many homeless and SRO hotels.  They were always thick at the bus stops bothering us.  So I had no problem basically telling her to go to hell.  You have money for hair dye, tattoos, and smokes, good shoes, you are just bad at budgeting and that is not my problem.  

I came home, put everything away, and checked on Ron.  He was fine.  He was hungry so I fed him.  He said next time he would like to feed himself, something about 'bothering" me.  Which is fine even though he will make a mess.  

I did manage to call in the soda order even though they made it difficult.  Happily the sales rep called me so I was able to do it that way, much easier.  She is a nice lady.  

It is hot, humid, and sunny.  I told Ron I don't want to do anything tomorrow.  He was happy to hear that.  I covered the loan for payment tomorrow once I am sure the deposit is there.  I take great glee in paying before the due date every month no matter how bad finances have become.  Although they aren't horrible right now.  I don't have any cash on hand but I am due about a hundred for my pay.  

The air filters arrived, and the licorice root.  I will be making tea out of that, it is really good for immunity and bladder.  Eventually I will be making tinctures out of it, I will need a scale and some bottles for that, but that can wait a bit.  Tea will work for now.  

I also have to figure out where I am going to keep the herb stuff I have all the cabinets stuffed full of food.  I think I have room in my little pantry.  I took the powerades out of there and I'm drinking them to say properly hydrated.  Which frees up room for dry herbs I guess.  

Anyway speaking of herbs it is time to drink some so I'm going to go do that.  

No comments: