Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Sorry I forgot to post a couple days

 Oh, I haven't been posting.  Things have been OK.  

Ron did wake me up in the middle of the night.  I helped him, went back to bed, but TODAY I had to get up at 3.  

When I need to shift Ron's pill time I do it by increments, so I was able to give him his morning dose at 5 AM (seizure and blood pressure meds) before I left for work.  The delivery was 2 hours late, I wasn't happy but not much I could say.  They did bring about 2/3 of what I ordered so we can make a little money off of that.  

The last time I got a soda delivery I also had the repair man come.  He likes to come around 9-10 which is when Ron's pill was due.  He said he would come at 8, but ran late and I was over an hour late giving Ron his meds!  NOT happy about that, I was scared to death he was going to seize all day.  Thank God he did not.  

Maybe I am just hyper vigilant but my understanding of seizure meds they need to be given on a very tight schedule.  Anyway it did have a happy ending but NOT doing that again so I changed the dose time.  

I will ask the neurologist more about this in November but in the mean time I am going to be really uptight about the dosing.  

I forgot to take out the trash can today but it wasn't full.  I just hope we don't have a tropical thing come through before the next pickup, that could get messy.  

Anyway I went to work, sat around forever watching people in political (No political attire at work, unless it is left-leaning, seems to be the rule.  Watch me wear a MAGA hat and see how fast they toss us out of the program!) attire gossiping.  The social distancing plan of taking out most of "my" seating doesn't work, people still congregate closely with their masks off, talking loudly, hugging, etc.  

It is commendable they are giving each other natural affection but it just shows they hurt my business for nothing.  Another thing: they are always lecturing to wash your hands.  Yet over half the sinks in my primary bathroom are not working.  About half the soap dispensers, as well, are not working either.  How can we wash our hands without running water and soap?  And ALL the maintenance staff and custodians and they just "can't" do it.  Or won't.  

Sometimes it is hard to have respect.  And I got shouted at all day because I hadn't stocked yet, had to keep explaining I hadn't gotten the delivery yet.  Happily they did bring most of it.  I stocked most of the order, only a few cases left now.  

So I did all that and came home.  Ron left a nice present for me in the commode chair.  [laugh]  I am just happy he handled that on his own without falling or anything.  That's why I set it up next to his bed: safer.  Don't regret that.  

My tip on that put a little water in the bottom of the receptacle if you don't use a liner.  Ron touched the liner with his manhood about the second or time I did it, got the crawlies and freaked out, couldn't go.  Begged me to get rid of the liners, so I did even though it means a little more work - not much though.  And he is safe and relaxed so I am happy.  

So I got that and the urinals, that is all he needed while I was gone.  Tomorrow we go to the hospital for the EEG.  He has to be fasting for 4 hours before, and he has to take his pill with food at 5 (easier to swallow),so I set it up for the 1 PM slot.  

So we will get up, pill time, bath time (he didn't want to do that today) I will also change his bed as he has been sweating in it the last couple days.  Dress him, off to hospital.  Check in (they sent me a QR code which I found odd), present the Medicare card, etc.  Get Ron settled for his test.  Get that done, see if they can induce a seizure (I sort of hope they don't), go home, bed for Ron.  

I got paid today (enough for my check and the water bill) so I will do my errands Friday.  It will be a busy rest of the week.  

I have been getting headaches every day after my nap which is frustrating, and using more Excedrin than I would like, as a result.  But I always have a lot on my plate.  

I have been pretty disciplined about practicing my faith but maybe could stand to start working out again.  Maybe I'm just holding tension and it's causing headaches; it is also miserably hot with high pressure as well which tends to aggravate headaches for me.  

I will see if I can work that into my routine in a modest way.  

No comments: