Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Wednesday

 I got up at 2:50 this morning.  I got myself ready, then I got Ron ready.  I gave Ron his medication and went to work.  

I waited hours and finally called the office when they opened at 8.  Where is my delivery?  She got back to me a half hour later and said I wasn't in the system.  

[curses]  Well forget that, then.  I did a few minor things at work.  

They had an accident at work a very large lady was so heavy she flipped the table over on herself.  Ron had his wheelchair chained to one of the tables.  Not the one she used.  

Why did he do that?  Well it would walk off if he didn't chain it.  The seating is very tight at work, the table and chairs are all one unit and very hard to sit if you have a large belly.  So the very large people figured out they could unfold Ron's wheelchair and sit in it.  I remonstrated with them, in vain, explaining the wheelchair has a limit of 200 pounds, but they didn't care if they broke the chair they were comfy.  So we had to rearrange the chain and lock so they could no longer unfold the wheelchair.  

The maintenance supervisor explained they were taking the table and I decided to take the chair home, I have been wanting to do it anyway and Jack has a good trunk.  So I pushed that out when I left and took it home.  It is in the front room right now.  

Ron's way never made sense to me, take small wheelchair to work, get into armless wheelchair (easier to stock from that one), then get back in small wheelchair when he left.  Why not just take the armless chair to work and avoid all those messy transfers?  Because Monday he really looked like he was going to fall, a few times, getting in and out of that thing.  

We went through a drive through on the way home and it was delicious.  One thing you can say about McDonald's they have a very consistent product.  I had been home for hours when my phone rang, the driver saying he had my delivery.  

[curses]

I told him they had told me he WASN'T coming and I had already GONE HOME.  He wasn't very happy.  But I just did what they told me.  Then I took a nap, had a good one but woke up with a headache.  

Then Ron wanted me to wash his feet, very Biblical but they look a lot better.  Normally he does not let me touch his feet but I icked out over touching them the other day because he had some dead skin.  I soaked the washcloths in the bed bath solution and left them draped over his feet for a few minutes, scrubbed as long as he'd let me (not long) and then dried them off.  They look better, not great.  

The police set up the speed trap again outside my house.   I am one block from a stop sign and a lot of people don't stop for it.  I think today is the third day they have done this.  I am fine with that there is nothing that says home security like a police car sitting outside the house.  

I am drinking a lot of soda today but will go back on plan tomorrow.  My aunt is coming by Friday.  I need to figure out what I'm doing.  

I think I will run by Walmart, go to the eyeglass place and have my frames tightened, and then run by Arby's as Ron has been requesting it lately.  And also give her all the stuff I have for her.  

In the past Ron has complained bitterly about me using the oven.  He is hyper sensitive to smells and would carry on like you wouldn't believe.  I cleaned the oven out the other day as best I could and am doing a test run of heating up the empty oven to 1.  Make sure it still works, it HAS been a while and 2.  See if it bothers Ron.  So far I don't smell anything so my cleanser must have done a good job.  I think the secret is pulling the top of the stove up and cleaning in between the stove top and the oven.  You can get (I can at least) stuff in there that heats up and reeks when you run the oven.  I did that yesterday.  If today goes well (looking good) I will make some cornbread tomorrow.  

I am glad my cast iron skillet is already seasoned boy that is one thing he carried on about.  He hated that.  But it is seasoned and has a nice shine to it so I am fine now.  

I took my pills very early today, all of them, so I can eat whatever I want for dinner without worrying about is it enough for my pills.  I will probably do oatmeal.  

I can't tell if the oven is working yet, I turned it up.  Nope, not working.  

Do I want to invest a lot of time and trouble trying to get it going?  No.  Am I taking it as a sign not to do any baking because the house would "smell" and Ron would be affected?  Yes.  When was the last time I used the oven?  Years.  I do everything in the microwave, stove top, and crock pot.  I even have a toaster oven.  I stacked all my canned veggies on it 😂 but I could use it if I wanted.  I use it for those canned biscuits sometimes.  

I told Ron, he thought I was asking him to fix it.  It took some conversation for him to realize that was not what I was asking.  The cornbread mix can go to my aunt who can either serve it or donate it to a food bank.  It's a lot easier for her to do things like that.  I am "fine".  

I had a very bad experience with appliance repair men several years ago.  The fridge was leaking so we called a guy out.  He said, "Oh, this thing came out at the back" screwed it in and left, it still leaked.  We didn't want to use him again so Ron found someone else.  That guy took the freezer apart, something was broken between the water line and the ice maker.  He said he couldn't fix it and left.  That cost us over $300, and it was still broken!  Boy, Pete was pissed when he came out and found out we didn't have any ice.  It isn't a big deal for us but might be for other people.  

Anyway, the part of the stove I do use, the top part, works, so I am happy.  If it is mostly functional I am happy and I am dead serious it has been years since I used the oven, in part due to Ron's bitter complaints every time I did.  So I am just taking it as a sign.  

Right now Ron and I are both happy with the cooking arrangements.  

My fire ant bait came so I treated the mounds.  There was a huge mound outside the front room and another outside Ron's room.  I got both of them and only got bit twice for my trouble.  I use Amdro, I used it last year and it did the job so I got it again.  I don't need to spread it all over the yard, just the mounds.  I keep typing that as "mounts".  Once they are gone I will do the perimeter.  But I don't need a huge sack, the spreader and all that.  

I don't like to use poison in my yard but the ants got into a bowl of cat food and the cats wouldn't touch it.  "Spicy".  So I had to get it for the cats if not for me.  They actually hadn't gone after me just yet.  But they would have.  

I use boric acid for roaches, not that I see them, I just put the bait out.  But they are a part of life in Texas, along with fire ants.  I have a big bottle of "ROACH AWAY" which is a little embarrassing but it does the job.  

I had a terrible time after Harvey, you may remember my home was invaded by fire ants biting both of us constantly.  It was horrible.  Next year, if we don't get raptured, I am going to get some fire ant spray and use that in the house (something safe for cats) before hurricane season and during the season.  Hopefully that will keep them OUT of the house if we have another "event".  

It is a nice day so I opened a few windows and have a little fan in one blowing fresh air at me,  very nice.  I have good music playing.  

I am happy to pay the $11 (with tax) Youtube music subscription every month.  I have a pretty good mix going right now. 

Ron gets his pills in 20 minutes. I will have to see what he wants with it.  He still has some breakfast sandwich left but I told him I got him a couple panino packages.  He really likes those and they are super healthy - not exactly low sodium but his last medical blood pressure reading was 108/70 so he can have a little salt.  

I am drinking hibiscus tea every day, mainly because I like it and a bonus that it can lower blood pressure.  Excellent.  I was not happy with my 130/90 the last time I went to the doc.  Now, I was in pain so that affects things but I want it back down in the 110/70 range.  

I also need to start working out again, I did gain some (about 10-15 pounds) weight this year and I want to fit in my clothes again.  I wore a different pair of pants today and they were a little tighter than I would like.  

One good thing I did manage to get a lot of knitting done today, that was very nice.  I need to just make time to sit and do that every day.  Although I have doubts if I will have any seating at all the next time I go back to work! 

I put Ron's wheelchair in the garage that is 2 chairs in the garage now.  I will pop him in that when we go to work.  The other chair is fine for everything else.  

Here's my latest playlist.  2020 mix

I don't have anything planned for tomorrow.  That will be nice.  Ron gave me the day off; I'll take it.  

Blogger is having trouble updating let's see if I can post.  That's it for now.  

No comments: