Saturday, September 5, 2020

Saturday

 Did not sleep well, had to get up a few times.  One time Ron lost his cell phone and it kept yelling BATTERY LOW again and again.  Some other things I forget.  

5 AM (pill time) came very early.  I gave Ron his medication with juice as he has refused any more vitamins/supplements and only wants pain/blood pressure/seizure pill, so juice is OK.  

Then I went back to bed.  I got up took care of him and the cats, head is better.  Glad that's all over.  

My deposit went through, I always like to see it before I start spending money.  I have never had a problem with something NOT going through.  The only "issue" if you can call it that, when I went to the bank with $20K total from 2 insurance checks.  The bank manager said only $5K would be available for a week until it cleared, and vetted us thoroughly.  I was fine with that.  And I did get all the money and had a REALLY nice balance for a week or two until I started writing checks!  And they gave me a free order of checks out of it, too, very nice.  So I am VERY happy with my bank.  

I do need a bigger wallet so I can handle all the medical appointment cards, etc.  Ron's primary doctor has a very complicated last name and it is hard to pronounce or spell, somewhat like mine.  So I have to have one of his business cards, and one for the neuro, and of course the appointment card for the neuro, and the pain doctor, makes for a pretty thick wallet.  I have one of those metal wallets but it can only hold so much so I will be looking for a new wallet with some of my money (not much).  

I have all Ron's information in a binder now.  That makes it a lot easier to organize and take with.  I also have my daily log/journal for him how many poops, bath times, change bedding, etc.  General mood if bad (not common).  

I did start a log for me as well.  I don't log my poops but just what I ate and when I took my pills, how I slept.  

The cats are good, not very cuddly but Spotty did say Hi.  He is a good boy,very cute and the most adoptable of them all.  Torbie is also pretty cute but on her last leg.  Her favorite thing ever is laying in bed next to Ron, they make a cute pair.  I am caught up on laundry but need to do some housework.  

I did a poll in my caregiver group and EVERY single person who responded said they would LOVE someone to come over and help with: HOUSEWORK.  They don't want help suctioning the trach hole.  They don't want a butt wiper, they want someone to vacuum, put the groceries away (most of us get our groceries delivered).  So if you love someone who is a caregiver you might offer to help do a load of laundry.  

Odds are they will say no but they will remember you offered.  Oh, I had a really weird house cleaning thing just happen.  As you know a few months ago I finally got a new toilet, a very nice one I want to keep immaculate.  I bought a hang-in freshener, it goes over the edge of the toilet and hangs down in the water flow, the water runs over the tablet and freshens the bowl with every flush.  Good concept.  

Until I found the tablet, off the holder, in the bowl last night.  It would have clogged if I didn't reach in and pull it out.  Happily I found this before I had to use the bowl.  Not happy.  I don't want to put anything in the tank as that can eat at the rubber gasket.  

I may just ramp up my cleaning to 2x a week instead of once.  I am sure that will cover it.  It's just the two of us. 

My protein shake froze in the fridge and has the most revolting texture now.  It is vile and I was gagging trying to get it down, but too cheap to throw it out.  Those things aren't cheap.   But it was so bad I did throw it out.  I ate some turkey instead.  

Horribly depressed.  Do I fake my way through the weekly phone call?  Beg off and get phony sympathy/guilttrip tomorrow?  I don't know. I will probably fake it.  

One day they will be most upset to find out I viewed the calls as a burden and not a joy.  


No comments: