Saturday, June 27, 2015

Winnowing

I find it ironic. 

Today I was castigated by one of the "rainbow people".  She had the flag over her face, as her profile photo.  I was called an F-ing B. and worse, because I said people who die in sin go to hell, and I don't want that. 

Ron said, "Hell scares her". 

"It should".  Was I offended?  No, a little weary.  Sometimes evangelism is like beating my head against a brick wall, as it curses me for doing so. 

If you call me an idiot in my comments section, do you really expect me to post it?  Or was it more, "like", a private comment? 

God talked about separating the wheat from the tares, or chaff.  From Wikipedia:
Wind winnowing is an agricultural method developed by ancient cultures for separating grain from chaff. It is also used to remove weevils or other pests from stored grain. Threshing, the loosening of grain or seeds from the husks and straw, is the step in the chaff-removal process that comes before winnowing.

In its simplest form it involves throwing the mixture into the air so that the wind blows away the lighter chaff, while the heavier grains fall back down for recovery. Techniques included using a winnowing fan (a shaped basket shaken to raise the chaff) or using a tool (a winnowing fork or shovel) on a pile of harvested grain.

Winnowing, separating two disparate items.  

I believe God is winnowing humanity.  Are you going to follow God's law, God's rule?  Or are you going to follow your own desires? 

The last several years have had several tests for Christians.  Do we please the world?  Or ourselves?  Believers are having to make harder and harder choices, while living under an increased threat of actual, physical, violence.

We are truly living in the End Times.  I hope some of this will live on in your head: after the rapture, after the bots come along and delete my blog, during the Tribulation.  I hope you will remember this, and remember it is only too late when you're dead, or you have taken the mark of the beast.

But that's another blog.   

No comments: