Monday, June 15, 2015

Tropical thing

First things first, got the vending machine fixed.  "They broke the levelers".  We took them off. 

Right after he left, I got 2 deliveries and stocked.  Right after that, the boss lady walks in to do an inspection. 

She was very impressed, and gave us a perfect score.  Yay! 

We had a long day at work.  They had the news on so I knew the tropical thing was headed our way. 

We got home and I took a nap.  I was surprised, I slept badly last night, but I only needed about 2 hours. 

Of course, I had Biscuit.  I picked him up and took him to bed, and he laid down with me, grooming himself.  It put me to sleep immediately.  We had a good nap and I didn't squash him.  Yay! 

I worry so much about that, and often beg God "Please don't let me squash [the cat]".  I got up and did some organizing, since I had the energy. 

Now, when I had Bubba (the black cat), he rarely brought home live rats on occasion, releasing them into the house.  Sometimes it would take him a while to catch and kill them.  While going through one lovely purple storage box, I found evidence a rodent had lived there at some point.  I was disgusted. 

Now, the cheap part of me said "Well, the clothes can be washed..." but then I thought, I'm not that poor.  I don't have to wear rat bedding if I don't want to.  And I threw it all out, even the box, because it reeked. 

All that's gone and it looks much better in my closet. 

I don't need to do much to prepare for the tropical thing.  All my devices are charged.  I will remind Ron to back up his spreadsheets to a USB flash drive.  That should cover everything. 

So, I wait and see - is it coming or not? 

No comments: