Friday, June 26, 2015

I would have been really depressed

A few weeks ago, Chobani came out with a yogurt commercial, featuring lesbians in an "intimate" relationship, and eating the yogurt, I presume.

Today, I saw the brand, drastically discounted, at Walmart, from $1 each to 71 cents.  I chose to buy other brands that did not promote "the lifestyle", even though I am very cheap.

As a born again Christian living in what I believe to be an end times world, I don't often get a vote in current events, except election day.  Then the guy I voted for sleeps with the devil, or allows a mentally ill person to live in squalor until he commits suicide... but that's another story.

I do vote with my dollar, choosing, if at all possible, to avoid companies that overtly support an unBiblical lifestyle.  I give my money to the yogurt company with the nice young black man in the grocery store, talking about [gasp] the virtues of the yogurt! 

Sigh.  I don't know what we would do at work if one of the soda companies comes out in favor of the gay agenda.  Some items, we'd have to sell, but I wouldn't like it.  I am currently in that situation with General Mills.  They have a disgusting "Wholesome family" commercial with gay men holding their surrogate baby (they sure didn't make it with each other).  I have no problem with tattoo family, or interracial one... but I was Not Happy with the unBiblical guys, especially when I realized I could not remove General Mills products from the snack machines.  Grrr.

I just pray Yum Foods stands strong (they own Frito Lay, and Pepsi).  Coca Cola, I hope, but am not hopeful.  Dr Pepper, come on, you can hold the line.

As far as I'm concerned, a food company doesn't need to get political anyway.  Alcohol, vacations, I can see.

So.  The Big Ruling today.  I expected it.  As I told Ron, if we're living in the end times, they could only have one result.  They did.

I will add here, I learned in school: Justice interprets the law.  They don't write it, that's Congress' job.
I don't care who you sleep with; they screwed up.  They went way over the line.  Had they ruled like this on any other case the media would be in an uproar.

They are, but for all the wrong reasons.  Freedom becomes tyranny; you must think what I do, support my agendas, or I will punish you.

You probably think that's my line.  It's not.

Here's my view:
God wrote the laws about sex, in the Bible, to protect us.  I learned that to my deep pain after Ron's accident.  I didn't have any legal rights because we weren't legally married.

But Heather, you should understand, then.  Oh, I do.  That's why you get a medical power of attorney.  Ron thought his "family would take care of" me.  He was wrong, they took care of themselves.  I wanted what was best for Ron, they wanted what was best for themselves, and we ended up in direct opposition as a result. 

 God says the homosexual lifestyle is wrong.  He also says rape is wrong, child molestation, and sleeping with your mother in law.  I think we would agree.   God said we should keep our contracts and not try to screw people over in our business dealings (I read the Bible through at least once a year).  Also good.  People act like God's laws are all bad, and designed to confine and oppress us.

Hardly.

I'm not going to write a whole defense of Biblical sexuality.  Plenty abound.  My job's to share my opinion, my reactions, and move on to prayer for all those who need it.

1 Thessalonians 4  

New King James Version (NKJV)
Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God; for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus.
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit.


So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Am I angry?

NO.

I am sad.  I am grieving for all the people, bound in sin, thinking they will go to heaven if they "try to be nice"

They won't.  
 (Romans 3:23New King James Version (NKJV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God)

How does anyone go to Heaven?  
(Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.)

Jesus covers me.  He's paid for my sin.

Salvation does have conditions:
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

What does that mean?  Well, sit down, think about all the mistakes, all the bad things you've done.  That's your "Godly Sorrow".

Resolve not to do that, to turn from any active sins and to live a righteous (10 commandments) life.  Ask Jesus to save you.  He will.

Then go live as best you can, seeking God's will for you daily, reading your Bible every day, asking God to help you understand it.  Pray for everyone, not just your immediate friends and family.  Especially pray for the done-me-wrongs.  They are most important.  God will lead you to forgiveness.

That's how you end up in heaven.  That's how you end up raptured.

What is the rapture?  Well, the world is literally going to hell.

News flash: it is ONLY going to get WORSE.

However, before it gets "too bad" Jesus will "beam us out of here". 
For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

More information on the rapture with lots of Bible verses.

So, today.  I heard about the ruling.  Wasn't surprised.  Reminded Ron we should expect if if we believe we are living in the end times.

"I would have been really depressed if they had ruled against". 

 We came home, went to Walmart.  He paid for my stuff, which I found endearing.  He's doing everything he can to show me he loves me (not that I care about the money).

I came home, put away my non-gay-agenda yogurt, ate a TV dinner and took a nap.  I was pretty tired, I had a good one.

I believe we, as a nation, are in for some kind of horrible "wrath" event.  Go to www.biblegateway.com  Type in "wrath".  See what comes up - NOTHING GOOD!

I expect some kind of imminent disaster.  I am certain.

You can say, oh, Heather, you're crazy.  What do you know?  Really?  I know what happens in the Bible when a nation turns away from God to follow it's own gods, it's own lusts.  God rains down judgement and allows Bad Things to happen.

So, for Houston, that could be anything, but probably a good idea to eat as much as possible out of that freezer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oy vey when it comes to this I walk away

you know you are right so why argue

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm a little late on this comment. Your opinions, I get it. :) But didn't you have a hard time being not married when Ron was in the hospital? Because you had no legal say in his treatment? That sucked, right? So why wish that on others, ya know?

Plus - it was in 1967 when the Supreme Court allowed inter-racial marriages. If that had not happened, you and Ron would not be able to marry.
So it's kinda funny to me that you are so against gay marriage when you experienced the same discrimination.

I get the religious aspect, but the government is not based on religion, thankfully. 'cause where religion and gov. mix, it's a mess.

I hope this comment is respectful. I really enjoy your blog. I'm the one who asked about the bed frame & my mom has major mental illness so your insights are interesting, thanks.

Heather Knits said...

Here's the problem I had with Ron:
He refused to have a medical power of attorney "My family knows you are #1 in my life, and will abide by your wishes". Not!

He refused any other power of attorney "You will use it to hurt me when you leave". Not having the damned thing hurt me tremendously; everyone said I could have done it all if I'd just had that stupid piece of paper!

However, those documents exist - and not everyone is bullheaded like my husband!

If I had those documents, I wouldn't have had ANY trouble, and you can BET I told Ron all about it when he could comprehend! He was horrified, he really think his family would "take care of me" which they did alright! Not what he'd envisioned!

So, in short, Ron was a jackass. Hopefully your lover would not be one, too. I don't think the gay community "needs" gay marriage for those purposes.

Yes, I hear stories, we all do. I hear stories of homeschooling parents losing their kids because they teach the Bible.

And society will just get worse!

Heather Knits said...

I don't post links!

You can complain all you want; you won't argue me into another point of view. :) If you are a long time reader you ought to know that by now.