Thursday, June 18, 2015

Game ON

Oh, yes I did.  And they were gone in minutes. 


I woke up horribly depressed, did my God Time later.  I always feel like He'd rather have me at full capacity -which I know is wrong. 

We went to the warehouse.  I knew I didn't have much in the way of snacks.  I bought what I needed.  We had a good ride to work.  I stocked, helped Ron, etc. 

It's always tricky for me, what is my first duty?  Helping Ron?  Or filling the machines?  I split it 50/50.  If it doesn't appear to involve blood, Ron herniating himself, or a broken vending machine I will try to stock.  If I'm done with stocking, I'll push him up and down the hall for the rest of the day, if he wants. 

All the machines are behaving. 

I did lose my temper.  One guy stole a package of crackers as I stocked, then claimed he was "joking". 

I objected.  He fished out a dollar and gave it to me.  

I told him not to do that again. 
1.  I didn't have change. I had to close the machine and run a transaction to get it. 
2.  Since he stole it out of the front coil, I now had to "fix" it so the next customer didn't get ripped off. 

He was shocked.  I explained the theft.  He and his friend tried to tell me it was fine to vandalize any vending machine, even with a crowbar, if one had ever "ripped you off" at anytime.  Cheetos hung up 5 years ago?  Case dismissed. 

I was sickened.  I pointed at the photo of Ron, then Ron himself, stocking the bottled vendor (his other woman) and said "You want to take money out of his pocket?  That's OK to you?  It's OK to take a crowbar to a vending machine because you might have been ripped off in the past, when we always pay every refund?"  I had tears in my voice.  They mumbled something and left, pointedly NOT looking at Ron. 

Huh. 

I was so upset I shut the vending machine, got my soda, and stood next to Ron for a while, chatting.  I needed some love to cleanse myself.  It worked. 

Once I felt better (about 5 minutes) I went back to work.  Ron told me not to take it "personally".  I take attacks on Ron very personally. 

Call me a racist.
Call me stupid.
Call me crazy. 
Call me a Pharisee. 
Call me a hypocrite. 

I don't care.  I dismiss it.  But imply I don't take care of Ron, or attack him, and game on. 

Speaking of, since we work amongst televisions I saw more media coverage than I ever wanted, of the church shooting (the first of many, in my opinion).  The second I heard about it I knew I wanted to do a Bible Handout in Acres Homes (considered a "bad" ghetto). 

Juneteenth - June 19, was the day the Texas "slaves" were officially freed.  It is a Black History holiday around here. 

So, I will be doing my Handout, on the heels of what certainly appears to be a racist hate crime on the black community, on a black history holiday.  Pretty deep layers! 

It's all God anyway, I just go.  I let Ron decide the time, and any other activities he wanted to do tomorrow.  I thought that was only fair. 

I had an overwhelming impulse to stock Bibles in the vending machines.  My Wittern can do Free vends.  I read how to do it. 

So, I got permission from Ron and set it up.  I have been wanting to do this for ages. 

They were all gone (I had 3 on hand) in minutes.  Guess I'll be bringing more! 

I'll do it as long as I can.  The way things are going I expect to be raptured any minute. 

No more crazy!  Yay! 

No comments: