Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Longer day

It was pretty busy at work yesterday.  We had to do accounting stuff and the regular stocking.  I was exhausted even after my nap. 

I did sleep with Torbie, and Biscuit (he's the one with the gray left eyepatch, and is more gray overall).  It is lovely to sleep with them, although I always worry about squashing them. 

I did that once with Bubba.  I woke up in the middle of the night with him flailing underneath me.  I'd rolled over on top of him. 

Poor Bubs, but he forgave me, and still slept with me after that.  All my cats have been so sweet. 

Today was my day off.  "I don't want to do accounting."  I told him "I don't want to go to the bank" (as we did last week).  "I don't even want to do a Bible Handout"  "I want to sleep in and maybe go to Walmart."  So, that's what we did. 

I have plenty of food. 

I slept in late enough. 

Not to whine, and I wouldn't know normal if it bit me, but I wake up tired, always.  I take a nap and I wake up tired.  I sleep 12 hours and wake up tired.  It's just a combination of my illness and medication.  I'm accustomed to it.  In fact, if I wake up energized I know I am running manic!  LOL 

Still in a pretty standard mood.  It's been going for weeks now.  Doc will be THRILLED.  This is the holy grail - symptom remission. 

My "features" are complicated and difficult (clinically) to manage, so getting this is great. 

Not to mention it's a lot less wear and tear on me, and Ron! 

Ron had mentioned going to the Texas Roadhouse recently.  I told him there are peanuts in buckets everywhere. I have an allergy, could we go to Applebees instead? 

We haven't, but I think it will be a good compromise. 

So, we went to Walmart and had fun.  Ron has trouble with those hashbrowns.  They, ah, come with a timer if you know what I mean. 

He was yelling at God to be nice to me, because I do the laundry.  [laugh]  It worked out fine. 

The cats are great.  I'd bought some brown sugar and Gravy bit through the bag, thinking it was cat food, I guess.  It wasn't.  It has been rebagged. 

Gravy is a little criminal.  If his food bowl is empty he will find anything that looks like a bag of treats, or food.  He will then proceed to chew his way through mylar to get the delicious, crunchy, inside. 

Or the sugary one.  :p 

I gave the boys a can of wet food until Ron did up the dry.  He doesn't like to put too much out at a time.  It gets stale, he worries. 

I doubt that could happen at the rate our guys eat.  They eat, according to Ron, about 5 pounds of dry, grain-free cat food a week.  I have a couple bags in reserve, which I rotate.  Ron keeps the "bags in progress" in the locked closet.  Remember I have four, 10 pound, cats. 

We need to get some more Blue Salmon. 

I never got a callback from the Christian relief agency.  What is so scary about me handing out Bibles to people in crisis?  They are "normal" Bibles!


Well, it just confirms, to me, God wants me working in the "bad" neighborhoods.  Apparently I'm not meant for the middle class, but the poverty stricken ghetto.

I don't care where God sends me, but I will say I'm glad Acres Homes is not that far away!  That ride last week was exhausting.

Anyway, that's it for now.  I have to go to bed in half an hour and it looks to be a longer day.  

No comments:

The squares

I woke up in the middle of the night, to the sound of Ron coughing, again and again.  And again.  And again.  I finally got up to offer him ...