Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"You have a lovely smile"

It's been a wierd couple days. 

Two days ago a guy from church said he could help us transport merchandise from the warehouse club to work.  I wrote "Thanks for helping me get the drinks tomorrow" on his wall. 

He didn't like that much and clarified what, exactly, we were doing.  I found it a little baffling.

Never, in a million years, would I have relations with this man.  I'm sure he feels the same way. 

Like I told Ron, "I'm not a bombshell".  If I were, and I dressed provocatively, I might see it; but you and anyone who knows me knows I adore my husband.  I got him some hair elastics, the tiny kind you see used for small children and people with elaborate braids, and put his hair in a little man-tail.  He looks hot. 

My profile picture on Facebook shows me kissing Ron on top of his head as he sits in the wheelchair, looking very blind. 


I just find it laughable when anyone questions my devotion.  Or, for that matter, Ron's.  We guard our marriage and work very hard at communication. 

So, that resolved they met us at the warehouse.  They were a little startled to find the quantity of stuff.  We got it all loaded. 

As planned, Ron was left at Sam's Club by himself.  "You know" I told Ron.  "I worry about an EMP when we're apart.  How would you get home?"  We talked for a few minutes, then decided that would only happen after the rapture, so we'd be gone anyway. 

Ron showed up at work an hour after I did.  In the meantime, I discovered my security badge won't let me out of the building.  [snort]  I guess it wants me to fill the machines. 

We worked very hard getting everything put away, refrigerated, and chilled in the freezer.  Then I did snacks and food. 

We got it all done, though.  I was so exhausted. 

Then we went to Walmart.  I forgot my money and my cold bag (insulated).  I felt like an idiot and focused on cheap non perishables (Ron helped me with the money). 

I am really glad I'm doing my God Time as my #2 thing every day.  First thing is brush teeth and shower.  I don't want to scare the customers. 

Next, God Time.  When I crawl home I'm so glad, because I have nothing left to give Him. 

I went to bed early and slept pretty well. 

Today we had to run some errands, and went to the mall.  I got the hair thing for Ron, who looks pretty hot: 



I like it.  It's manly and tidy. 

He likes it, too.  "It's not flying in my face!"  I told him I got it. 

Since I have waist length hair, and need to trim it to keep it that length, I certainly understand flyaway hair. 

We went home.  Ron went to the liquor store, by himself, and got his stuff.  I took a nap.  I woke up from a horrible nightmare right before he came home.  Good timing. 

Then we worked on accounting and the monthly report.  Sales are better.  Got the report filed.   Much better than the nightmare! 

At Walmart yesterday, I got various breakfast biscuits.  I hate the Belvita.  They are flavorless.  The nature valley are far better.  I'll choke the Belvitas down because I already bought them, but I'm so glad I only got a 5 pack and not the big 15 counter I had seen at the wholesale store. 

After I finished all my "work" today I posted a thanks to the guys who helped me.  I mentioned how the greeter is a huge gossip and I told her I had "traded Ron in" for the guys. 

Ron, of course, had brought me to the store. 

Anyway, one of the guys didn't like it.  He was nice about it, but concerned people would misinterpret. 

I'll accomodate him. 

I do wish I could *convey* the "haters gonna hate" concept.  Sure, behave well.  Honor God in everything you do.  But don't run around worrying about gossip. 

People are going to talk.  This week - someone's talking smack about me, saying I don't love my husband, that I'm "very mean" to him. 

Go back a couple years.  [raise eyebrow]  That's all I need to say to the long term readers. 

This person can talk about me, and she is, but everyone is laughing at her.  They know the truth.  Ron and I shine together and everyone can see that. 

I hear 3 things again and again. 

"You and Ron are so happy together".  The word "Joy" is thrown around. 

"You have such pretty hair". 

"You have a lovely smile". 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he has "a history" of doing stupid crap and not all his friends know you? He may not want anyone thinking HE was being stupid?

Heather Knits said...

Ron's actually pretty open about nearly all the "stupid" things he's done. More than I'd be.