Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A "treat"

Houston's been having severe weather - heavy rain events. 

Last night and this morning we had yet more.  I was really glad I was doing my phone appointment. 

I got up at 5, hit the snooze a couple of times, then realized I could get up at 7.  I reset the alarm. 

I got up and took my shower, wondering how I can save on the water usage.  We were up to 3K gallons last month.  I think I need to get one of the showerheads with the cutoff switch, when I'm lathering or shaving my legs.  That will save quite a bit. 

My aunt sent me a text so I called her back. We chatted for about an hour.  Doc called me 20 minutes later. 

You know, I told Ron, I just paid (sum of money) for a 5 minute phone call!  Yeah, he told me, he thought the same thing. 

I did tell Doc everything - Ron back in the wheelchair, a little bit of caregiver stress (sounded nicer than burnout), and mildly depressed, which he said was very normal considering.   I see him at the end of August. 

Ron gave me the rest of the day off (we might have worked this afternoon).  I watched Supernatural reruns until they ran out, then I took a nap for a while. 

When I'm depressed, I'm always tired, want to sleep a lot.  I hurt (mentally) and feel hopeless. That's a mild one.  Moderate adds in everyday tasks are hugely difficult (like taking a shower, or working).  Happily I haven't been there in a while. 

The nap was very nice.  I got up around 2.  Ron and I did some budgeting (we need to renew our dental discount plan).  They are excellent.  I had a big filling done for about $100, years ago, with the composite.  Ron has had various fillings, crowns, and root canals.  I think his last crown was $300.  The dentist is excellent (they have a list of 2 dozen dentists to choose from, at least).

Years ago, Ron had to have a tooth pulled (a molar at that) because we couldn't afford a $1200 root canal, or so they said.  It was one of the worst days of my life.  "It was a brave soldier" Ron said sadly "He fought hard". 

Ugh, AWFUL. So, $80 gets us dental care we can afford?  I'm all over that. 

Here's the number if you live in Houston (I don't mind being an ad for awesome things)
281‑488‑8100

I got the water bill.  I want to figure out how to be more efficient, even though I hear "normal" usage is about that.  I think it's the showers.  I don't water the yard.  We don't really do dishes because we use disposables (ever faced a mountain of dirty dishes when depressed?). 

If things improve at work, I'd like to replace the kitchen faucet.  That rascal has some leak issues although we've "apparently" fixed it for now.  That, and the toilet.  It's old. 

Anyway, we did that.  Ron teased me and said Baby Girl had brought me a treat, I had to come get it.  I went in there to find my pay sitting under her butt like she'd just pooped it out.  I made a joke about her being a good girl, etc. 

That's another way I can tell it's a mild to moderate depression: I can still joke. 

I did my God Time.  Ate, took my meds. 

Now it's Law & Order, Criminal Intent reruns. 

No comments: