Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Toolbox

I had to laugh. 

After I finished my post, setting boundaries for Ron so I don't burn out, telling him "Don't bother me unless you're bleeding to death"....

I had just settled into my comfortable chair.  I paid about $150 for it, about 11 years ago.  Money well spent.  I turned on the TV. 

Ron rolled into the kitchen to fix himself a Jack Links Teriyaki hot link.  He is addicted, and loves them.  However, they don't have a tear strip to open.  He got the knife. 

[closing my eyes, deep sigh] 

Yeah.  He called my name in a sheepish tone of voice, and I looked over to see his hand in the air, blood running down.  [facepalm] 

I'm doubled over laughing at this.  [sigh]  Yeah, he sliced himself pretty good. 

To me, it could have used a stitch or two, but he's a real man.  He has never once sought medical attention for any kind of bleeding injury. 

I got my toolbox - it's a real toolbox full of first aid supplies.  I washed my hands as he washed his hand.  We dried it off and held it up in the air with a clean shop towel.  After a few minutes I anointed it with triple antibiotic cream (left over from last year's infected blister drama), and an antibiotic bandaid.  Ron was pretty impressed at the latter. 

Today, while stocking, I made him wear a glove over the bandage.  He's agreed to use scissors when opening packages from now on. 

I had a pretty good laugh over it.  I tend to approach "dramas" with humor, most times.  Especially when it's someone else's drama. 

I don't know what is wrong with my gut.  More symptoms.  I think I'm going to need to keep a food log, note what I ate and when.  Then symptoms.  I was fine most of the day, but something I ate at Walmart seems to have disagreed. 

Thank God I didn't have issues at work. 

So, work. 

I have been pretty tired and neglecting my God Time somewhat.  I slept in later than I "should", but still had time to shower, dress, and watch the news.  It's useful to know of any accidents or other issues. 

We went to the warehouse, and got some drinks and snack items.  I waited outside with Ron, and called in our wholesale order for Friday.  Happily they had everything in stock. 

Ron gulped when he heard the total, but the customers are really excited about the new offerings.  I told them about some of the new selections today. 

They love hot and spicy everything, so in addition to the "regular" dill pickle in a pouch, we're going to offer a hot dill pickle in a pouch, too.  When I told one young lady, she squealed. 

I love happy customers

Paratransit does not usually offer a straight trip, especially later in the day.  On our trip we picked up a woman at a gym, in Greenspoint mall.  Greenspoint can best be described as "ghetto and high crime" meets "affluent office workers".  The ghetto is winning in almost every arena. 

So, when a hulking black man approached the cab and attempted to open the door, I hit the door lock.  The driver got upset at me, but I don't know this man.  We're picking up a woman.  If a guy tries to get in my vehicle - a guy not on the manifest, I'm locking the door. 

I just said "I heard a lot of people are getting carjacked here". 

He's a client the driver replied.  No, he's not my client but he is a client.  He thought this was his ride.  Well, it's not, I replied. 

The driver then read me a lecture on "not being fearful in bad areas".  I mentally rolled my eyes while thinking I had lived in various crack-towns for over 12 years.  I do evangelism in a notorious ghetto.  I'm not afraid of bad areas.  I am afraid of strange men trying to get into the vehicle when we're picking up a woman, in a bad area. 

We went to work.  In order to make room for some of the new items, I have to let my regular offerings run down.  It wasn't 100%, about 92%, not bad but I'll be glad when they're stocked.  It gets me a little itchy. 

However, I have 3 new tray cookies, large bag hot chips, 2 kinds of pickles, rib chips, you name it.  It's going to be a lot of work stocking Friday, but worth it. 

I want to have an exciting selection. 

After work, we went to Walmart.  I like going after work, actually.  Yeah, it's really busy.  That's not fun, but I don't have to shop on my day off. 

I talked to the Optical lady and found some frames I like, a large traditional style thick plastic frame, in purple.  I just need to save up. 

I got some food, since I'd just gotten stuff for work I didn't need that.  I focused on things like sliced deli turkey, cheese, and other high protein quality foods.  I spent about $12 on soda, for me a lot.  But I have a "road trip" next week, I like my Diet Mountain Dew in the morning, and some decaf for nights.  I have a very early wakeup on Friday. 

I can't find my receipt but I did get Ron some grape tomatoes, the vienna sausage in BBQ sauce, and the sugarfree carbonated peach drink.  I got "me" some of the lemon Luna bars.  I used to love those back in the late 90's, when I worked in an office.  I'd take one to work and eat it when I got hungry. 

I am never hungry in the morning, but Wellbutrin likes some breakfast biscuits, or a protein bar.  Otherwise I get horribly nauseous. 

I can eat the breakfast biscuits or a protein bar, too, if I can find something. 

My food issues to date:
Almands - most likely severe allergy.  The last time I ate almonds my entire windpipe clamped down and felt very tight for quite a while afterward.  Never eating almonds. 

Implicated in migraines, avoid:
Peanuts, coconut, and chocolate.  You will find one or more ingredients in nearly every protein bar on the market.  However, the breakfast biscuits (Nature Valley ones), and lemon Luna bars are OK for me. 

At least the food allergy people have lobbied for "good" labeling, which makes it easy to see if it may contain a trigger.  Like I said, I don't believe I'm allergic to anything but almonds. 

I'm not about to eat almonds again to find out! 

No comments: