Sunday, May 4, 2014

Attitude adjustment

I got it all done, at work. 

Ron and I even arranged for some help.  Praise God. 

We got up very early, went to work, waited out a power outage, stocked, took inventory, and went to the wholesale warehouse.  While at the warehouse, one of the greeters laughingly told me another greeter told her I am "Very mean" to Ron. 

Only one greeter uses words like "mean", and "very" is her favorite adjective.  [rolleyes]  I immediately knew who it was.  I was very insulted. 

Anyone can take a single glance at Ron and see I adore him.  Vice versa.  We are a happy, loving couple.  He teases me when I kiss him on top of his head, by giving out a terrible fake scream.  I find it endearing. 

He is so appreciative it brings tears to my eyes, sometimes. 

While at the warehouse, we got (over the weekend), BBQ pork rib sandwiches, pepperoni pizza hot pockets, breakfast (bacon, egg, cheese) hot pockets, breakfast burritos, steak chimichangas, yogurt, etc.  That meant a lot of tagging and stocking, oh boy. 

Ron did sodas.  We bought more sodas and brought them in to stock. 

It was a very long day. 

I was not happy to see the driver driving right past, very slowly (about 5 mph), as we were in plain view of the road (about 20 feet, unimpeded view).  I know he saw us because he paused, and kept driving.  Then dispatch kept telling Ron the driver was a quarter mile away. 

The Stripes gas station/deli is the only thing a quarter mile away.  After about 15 minutes of additional standing on very tired feet, I saw the driver coming back.  I waved.  The client notes also clearly stated "employee entrance" - which is well marked. 

No, he went in the wrong driveway.  However, the remodel has connected the two parking lots.  He, again very slowly, drove over, weaving around.

I can only figure he was, perhaps, gawking at the construction.  Some people love to look at construction. 

He finally came over and rolled the window down, and asked who we were.  I told him.  He rolled the window up and locked the door. 

Let's see.  You are picking up a wheelchair client at a certain address.  No one is visible but a man in a wheelchair and his caretaker.  They answer to your client's name.  Odds are, THEY'RE THE CLIENTS! 

I tried to open the door. He got an attitude.  He started shouting at me until I turned on my phone camera, holding it up.  He immediately stopped and became VERY polite. 

When he dropped us, he said "I'm sorry I was late, I don't know what happened."  No, I thought, I know exactly what happened.  You wanted an extra lunch and you took it, then played dumb like you couldn't find us to cover. 

It was remarkable to see the attitude adjustment when I turned on the camera phone.  I'm so glad I have it. 

Tomorrow I get up very early to get a Dr Pepper delivery.  Yay! 

No comments: