Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fear is their demon.

The other vendor didn't lose one breakroom.  They lost 2. 

Now they are down about half their business. 

Ours can only improve, as a result. 

Remember when they laughed at me when I asked if we could put a few vending machines in their (huge) area, just as a temporary thing so we wouldn't lose the house?  

Now they went to the boss and demanded to put vending machines into our area.  The boss said no.   Even if we wanted to, they don't maintain the coffee machines so we'd have a lot of very unhappy customers.  It would endanger our business in several ways. 

Now, I have a couple of jobs here:
1.  Don't gloat. 
2.  Don't get ugly at them.  Yes, they deserve it.  Yes, they are @ssholes for even considering moving into our area - when they got so sanctimonious about how "They would never do that, so we'd better not ever do it either.".  When they, in fact, have already done so once at the behest of the facility.  I didn't get ugly over that.  That's not my job. 

They are suffering a lot more now, with this, than anything I can dream up.  Money is their god.  Fear is their demon. 

I contacted the boss when I saw the memo yesterday, and he came by today.  Ron said "We're taking tomorrow off to avoid him" - the boss agreed and said he wished he could, too. 

I bet.  We will avoid them as much as possible, and if we have to encounter them Ron's making sure we do it with witnesses. 

No comments: