Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I'm sorry I haven't been better about posting. 

Mostly depression.  Monday night I was manic and it didn't last very long.  I cleaned the front room before it wore out, did a little laundry and cleaned the cat boxes. 

I've also been really busy at work.  It's a full time job keeping the machines stocked when we have decent level of sales.  

I almost pulled my hair out today when a manager complained about the floorBackground on floor issues I explained Ron and I were not damaging it, the damage was probably caused by the other vendors pushing milk crates loaded with inventory across the (BRAND NEW!) flooring.  Ron gave the manager the other vendor's number when they asked us to "pass on" the complaint.   [scoff]  We've learned our lesson on that one! 

The manager immediately called her - so it's off us.  [rolleyes]  I can handle sharing a stockroom.  I can handle "space invaders" of my tiny corner.  I can handle their crap in front of my racks. 

I can't handle being blamed for stupid, stupid mistakes.  I can't believe they thought it was a good idea to do that!  And the manager is right, it's damaging the floor.  It looks terrible.

[head in hands] 

Then I had a woman tell me "Her friend" (rolleyes) "Lost $3 in the food machine over there".  I took the lady over to the food machine, and explained a few things. 
1.  I will pay a refund if someone comes to me themselves.  I don't give refunds to "friends of people who lost money".
2.  The vending machine's highest priced item is $1.75.  Why did she put $3 into a vending machine for a $1.75 item? 
3.  I explained when the lady came to me herself, and explained #2, I would be happy to pay the refund. 

After the woman left I checked - no bill jams, no coin jams.  No one lost money in that machine.  I'd bet my pay on it.  I hate it when people see us as a big, stupid wallet. 

I understand they think we run all the machines in the building, that we're rich, that we "can afford it".  I understand that. 

I don't understand why they think we're so stupid we will believe people kept putting money into machines that "took their money".  When I worked at Target, we had a soda machine in the breakroom.  I used to put in a nickel. If it processed, I'd put a dime, and then my quarters. 

If it took my nickel I didn't give it any more money.  And I have brain damage. 

That said, we always pay the refunds. 

It is very interesting, I have a little test.  Someone comes up and says "The machine took my money". 

"What were you trying to buy?" 

The liars freeze up.  They can't confabulate fast enough.  The truthful ones say "Peanut butter cookies" or whatever.  

Anyway, we have another ride to the warehouse to buy more inventory - bottled drinks and such.  I have been somewhat disappointed in Sam's Club lately. 

They have been out of the Jalapeno chips for a week now.  I'm completely out.  I really, really, hate to have empty coils in my snack machine!  Anethema.  Not only that, they can't seem to get the 16.9 ounce bottled Cokes. 

If an empty coil is bad, imagine an empty row in  the bottled vendor.  [frowny] 

I worry I'm getting negative. 

Monday we worked in the afternoon, which meant I got to sleep in.  Monday night I cleaned up the front room. 

Tuesday we had severe weather, and stayed home.  Work fixed the electrical issues so the machines were fine.   I had a pretty nasty time with depression, but got lots of cuddles from Torbie. 

I have had a bad headache every day this week.  It's exhausting. 

We went to the warehouse today, got some stuff (not the Cokes or Jalapeno chips!), and stocked.  We did an inventory and Ron and I stocked. 

The sports drinks are catching on.  I figure the other vendor wouldn't sell 20 different types if they were bad sellers. 

We can get variety packs from the warehouse, at an excellent food cost.  Today we stocked 5 different flavors from just 2 cases (both cases had a fruit punch).  I figure the construction workers will like that. 

Canned sodas were about wiped out, bottled sodas a little slower - but we're approaching payday and everyone's lower income.  Snacks were pretty brisk, but not horrifically low.  I was almost out of peanut M&M's.  I'll need to get more soon. 

Peanut M&M's are my number one candy item. 
Cinnamon rolls, my pastry. 
Jalapeno chips (shaking fist) snack item. 
Coke, cans and bottles, the #1 soda seller. 
Currently Hot Pockets (I have bacon/egg/cheese breakfast, and pepperoni pizza) are the top food item. 

We didn't have enough time to do everything, which I hate, but I think Ron finally "gets" we can't do those short days anymore. 

Oh, and we had a dozen guys at work assembling tables and chairs.  They're the "hooked together type" that remind me of fast food, a table, with 2 chairs mounted on either side. 

Amusingly, I didn't see any "Handicapped" tables, which I believe they're required to provide, but I'm not going to complain. 

No comments: