Monday, May 26, 2014

I'm just an irritable, selfish, crazy woman

I woke up exhausted and depressed.  I was very irritable all morning (managed to cork it around the customers). 

I had a lot of wierd things, too.  One guy kept going on about the "fantastic" vending setup in Maryland, why didn't we do that.  Management didn't want that. 

Another guy wearing a maintenence outfit wanted me to name the circuits on which they'd installed out machines.  How would I know that?  "They didn't even let me plug in my own machines" I replied.  "I have no idea."  Well, what do you know, the guy interrogated.  "They just said I'd have plenty of amps to run my machines."  He went away after that. 

The last, and I mean, THE LAST thing I want is someone messing with our circuit.  The Postal workers already have over a half dozen microwaves in our area.  They don't need another however many they plan to install.  We had a terrible time in our last place because the microwaves took all the amperage, and we had to surrender half our vending machines "to keep the microwaves in service" (rolleyes). 

Here's a hint, buddy.  The microwave is for the brown bagger.  The brown bagger is not putting money in the vending machines.  We had to give up half our business to satisfy people who weren't giving us any money to begin with. 

I lived working various jobs with no microwave.  There isn't an OSHA mandate for 4 microwaves per employee. 

Anyway, I said I was irritable. 

Then one of my regulars complained.  The water dispenser was out of cups.  Could I give him one?  I don't take care of that, I told him.  I don't have any cups.  He acted like I was lying.  I don't have any cups.  That's a custodial issue, not mine. 

Besides, like the microwaves, the water dispenser (one of those 5 gallon jobs), takes money out of our pocket.  We sell bottled water, which is in direct competition. 

Sometimes I think they don't really get it. 

Oh, and I had TWO people ask me "Which machines" I serviced.  I said these, indicated.  "No, which ones?"  I said, I do all of these.  "Oh, I thought you only did the sodas." 

No.  I have photos of Ron in all the snack machines.  One guy had just seen me stocking the food machine.  Why would they think.....[facepalm] 

Maybe they had a little too much fun this weekend. 

Ron wondered why I was in a bad mood.  Maybe 'cause I was drowning in stupid!  Agh. 

Worst of all, as I saw it, we had to go to the other location.  The one that barely makes enough money to buy us lunch.  [sigh]  We left work around 11 and didn't get home until almost 3. 

4 hours out of my day, for what? 

Now, all day I had really nice drivers.  For some reason, all the drivers had the new, big vans.  Maybe it was the holiday. 

We had taken some soda, which Ron stocked.  He determined we need Coke and Diet Coke, which will have to wait a while. 

Metrolift had left us there for 2 hours.  Ugh.  I counted my money, I only had $9.  Ron gave me some money for lunch. 

I skipped the import store and went to the linen shop.  They don't sell blinds.  Ron broke his, somehow, yesterday.  So much for that. 

I went to the dollar store and bought some sugarfree candy, a large bottle of mineral water, and some chips for Ron.  I went to the fast food place. 

I bought Ron's order, and for some reason, ordered two sandwiches on mine.  I figured I could eat the second while taking my pills, later.  I just felt strongly I *had* to do it. 

I ended up taking my last $2 to do it, too. 

I went back to Ron and we ate.  Curly fries are the best.  Our ride came, late. 

She was really cute.  I waved vigorously.  She waved back!  I pretended to look around like I couldn't see her and she waved again.  It was really fun. 

She had a great attitude even though she had to get out in the rain to load Ron in his wheelchair.  I had a very strong feeling *I had to give her the sandwich*.  I didn't understand, but I did it. 

I told her, "Are you hungry?" 
"Well," she replied "I get my lunch after I drop y'all." 
"Do you like bacon and cheese?"  [some people are wierd about pork and/or dairy]
I could see her mouth watering.  I handed over the sandwich.  "Jesus wants you to have this."  She just stared at me for a minute. 

Her lip quivered and her eyes started to water.  "Thank you!" she choked. 

"Come here" I told her, and I gave her a hug. 

"You don't know what this means to me" she said.  "God sends you to people who really need your touch, and when you share with them they'll remember it forever.  Thank you so much."  She unwrapped the sandwich and took a bite, making yum yum noises.  "Let's get you home". 

I didn't do anything - I just went as directed by the Holy Spirit.  I'm nothing special.  I'm just an irritable, selfish, crazy woman. 

But when any of us, including me, allow God to use us, He can do amazing things. 

I'm glad He can. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your title and thought " why is she talking like that about me?"!!!!' Lol! I think it's in the water