Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sometimes I have to wonder

Maybe it's me.  Sometimes, I have to wonder if someone is "really that confused" or "playing games and trying to provoke me". 

We had today off, praise God. 

I slept in, drank 2 quarts of water while sleeping.  I woke up with a headache around 5 but I took something and went back to sleep until 8. 

I had left some henna "working" overnight, so I could apply it later today (on my head right now).  However, since it's Thursday, we decided to get the Thursday fajita special. 

We planned this in advance.  Having finished with my God Time, finally, I was watching Supernatural.  I really enjoy the show.  I don't watch because the actors are "hot".  I watch because the actors are good actors.  It's also very well written. 

I own a few DVD's, most of them gifts, which I seldom watch.  If I did own a season collection, I'd probably start with Supernatural.  It's well plotted. 

I watch the reruns on TNT, which I'm sure makes TNT happy.  It's about the only thing I do watch on their channel. 

Today it was the levithans.  I particularly enjoy the episode where Bobby figures out "the weapon" that can be used on these nearly immortal creatures.  I told Ron all about it and even turned it up for him.  Ron liked it. 

Ron doesn't much like my "monster movies" but he did like the scene. 

However, I was watching a lot more than we'd planned.  Our ride was late. 

I get that.  They have thousands of trips a day.  Houston traffic.  Need I say more?  Clients are slow to come out, some get sick, and some have literally died in transit. 

Plenty of reasons to be late.  I don't fault that. 

I did get annoyed when Ron and I, individually, told her to "go left" and she went right instead.  She ended up taking a long route, a huge circle, miles out of the way, to get us to the destination, when she was already over half an hour late. 

I'd have been fine on that if we hadn't told her, but we did, and nicely, too. 

I had to wonder, was she that special, or was she trying to provoke us?  Sometimes I think it's the latter. 

Maybe they see a "happy married couple" in a "nice house", with a day off in the middle of the week.  They have no idea what we endure, or the fact we worked a 12 hour day on Saturday.  I don't know.  I try not to dwell. 

We finally got there, even had "our table".  Our favorite waitress, delicious Mexican fajitas.  Nice people, clean and good eating. 

Our pickup driver was great.  We really liked him a lot.  We had a longer ride, picking up other people on the way home, but we didn't mind.  We had fun chatting with him and making him laugh. 

We got home and I washed my hair prior to applying the henna.  Ron played part of his talking book for me.  It's a rather complex plot about a lesbian and her estranged husband.  Frozen embryos and a custody battle.  "Let me know who wins" I told him. 

I applied the henna and dressed in my grubbies.  I took all my meds at lunch (I can do that) so I'm pretty groggy.  I'm wearing some reading glasses. 

My prescription glasses are over 10 years old, with stainless steel frames.  I use a pretty acidic base for my henna, for optimal dye release.  I'm not putting acid on my steel frames, for hours at a time.  I know a little science at least! 

Instead, I'm wearing a cheap plastic pair of reading glasses that provide a surprising amount of vision. 

No comments: