Thursday, May 29, 2014

Opportunities

I tease Ron, telling him this is our song for work:

"You've got the brawn, I've got the brains"

Why do I say this?  Well, I moved half a ton of soda today.  Shelf to flatbed cart.  Cart to truck.  Truck to cart.  Cart to shelf.  (most of it)  The rest is still sitting on the cart in my stockroom. 

Needless to say, I wore my back brace.  In addition to moving the inventory, I fixed two vending machines, had a small meltdown in the stockroom (not enough time, I thought), stocked snacks, stocked cold food, and helped Ron stock canned sodas. 

It's rather alarming to see how they're consuming our inventory.  They really, REALLY, like what I'm stocking.  I need more candy! 

I did have a decent amount of chips, thank God. 

We will need to do a "Will-call" next week with our wholesaler.  I need to look it (address) up on Google and see if it's safe "waiting".  If not, I think they have a nearby fast-food.  I can bring a handcart, leave Ron at the restaurant, walk over, pay, get my inventory, and walk back to the restaurant.  I love that about "street view". 

I'm out of the stuff I ordered a week ago.  "Out" meaning the vending coils are full, but no stockroom inventory.  So I have a few days. 

Our truck guy will be out of order for 6 weeks.  He's having major surgery.  We have a secondary truck guy but plan to use him for "big" things. 

He may, like one guy, really only want to do one order.   We have to make it count. 

I should add, we ALWAYS give gas money, and/or buy lunch.  I don't ever want to take advantage. 

Ron ended up back in the wheelchair because he *tried to move a vending machine*.  You can imagine how I felt when I caught him *trying to move a vending machine*.  I screeched at him and moved it myself. 

Does he LIKE using his legs?  Does he ever want to get better?  But he loses his temper - head injury thing. 

I just kind of swing my butt and bash it into the machine, it gets the job done without hurting my back (I was still in my brace).  My back's fine, I want to keep it there. 

It was a busy day. 

Last night they apparently had a birthday (I didn't see the pinata or hear them singing).  They had several cars visiting for a couple hours, then kids running around in the very muddy yard for over an hour, screaming.  I heard a lot of whooping so I think that was the pinata. 

I had to get up at 4:30.  I didn't get to bed until almost 10.  Probably a factor in my meltdown today. 

When I got home, I ate a bowl of cereal, took my meds, and looked at myself in the mirror.  My hair didn't look great, my face was pale and my eyes very tired. 

I took a nap, sort of.  Ron wanted to go to the liquor store, so he made a trip by himself. 

Did you know when paratransit unfolds the taxicab wheelchair ramp, it's really loud?  Car doors slamming next door when the Pre-K's came home.  Then Ron came back. 

I still got a nap-ish.  I felt pretty alert when I got up. 

I need to remember to drink more water, though. 

This is probably TMI.  My urine, taking lithium, has a ghastly "dead" smell.  Worse when I'm dehydrated. 

It is an easy way to tell if I'm dehydrated, and I am. 

I need to remember to drink at least one "bottle" of water every hour I'm working, especially when I'm doing physical labor.

No comments: