Sunday, July 11, 2010

Heavier Metal

Yesterday was long. I got up early, worked out. Happily I jumped up some on my strength - I need heavier metal now! The stiffness is all gone and I get a great workout everytime I head out into the garage.

I also dropped ANOTHER pound. Good. I had regained a bit. I'll tell you when I get back down... but the current size was getting a bit tight.

We went to Walmart, early. It was fine, and I got a few things I needed. I did pick up some sugarfree ice cream.

Then we went to work. A guy is going on a mission trip to Mexico, I left him that order form for the booklets - it sounds like the Mexicans (really he is going to Mexico) can use them and WMP does just about every written language on the planet. I was glad I had it.

I did some stocking and found, to my horror, a large glacier/snowball in a soda machine. I had a pretty good heart attack over that one. Ron had asked me not to shut the door so tightly. I complied, but we got the ice. Ron had to get the hair dryer. Boy, that was a mess... [sigh] But it was fixable.

After work we went to Starbucks (happily, I had an insulated tote thing so the ice cream was fine). We had our drinks and Ron eventually called a cab to go home. The guy took the wrong way.. then told us the rest of the way home how he's such a good driver he doesn't NEED GPS.

He just automatically assumed we lived at the low-income senior living apartments. Agh.

We got home, I think I took a nap. No, I did my cardio workout, weed-whacking, took a shower and THEN a nap. Got up, ate.. something. I think I had sugar free ice cream for dinner, actually. [laugh]

I called Dad. He's a little worried about a health problem but was happy to pray. Mom's jaw hit the floor when I told her about MY week. They'll be praying. I had a good talk with Ron while I did some knitting.

I went to bed around 9. I woke up at 5:30. Pretty funny. I laid there in bed for a while, telling myself to go back to sleep, but couldn't.

Today was an "off" day for workouts. I rotted my brain surfing the net for a while, ate some breakfast, and checked the mail. No vitamins yet. I ate the last of the ice cream and decided to go ahead and mow the yard. I had told Ron I would... and he asked VERY nicely. I was already wearing my grubbies so why not.

I fired up the mower. One thing I have realized, I try to do and carry everything on my own back. Ron, like all men, wants to protect and help me.

I need to let him take care of me. So he helped with some things and I headed out. Boy, I scalped that yard. I have the shortest, nicest lawn on the block.

Then I got the backyard. We have a battery-operated mower, you can find Ron using it on You Tube (I'm Houston Heather over there). When the first battery died, I banged on his door and he handed out the second. I got it all.

Then I decided, my garden is going pretty wild. I need to get out there and garden. So I put up the mower, got a few more drinks, and did some gardening for an hour and a half.

The weeding was pretty funny, I wish someone had a video of me squatting down over the weed (a large clump of invading bermuda grass), hauling on it as I made growling sounds... using my whole body and then WHAM it comes out and I fall on my butt. Pretty funny!

It's a good total-body workout. I did that for an hour and a half and came in. I'm getting hungry, I'm going to chase down some lunch (I ate all the ice cream, thank God) and kill it. Then shower and nap.

Oh, by the way, the mosquitos are REALLY vicious, but my herbal stuff does a great job on them.

I am also strongly considering joining a local gym. Very low rates, great facility.

No comments: