Thursday, July 15, 2010

It'll just be hotter tomorrow

So, the last couple days have been busy or I would have been blogging. Tuesday I had my Day Out; I got up early every day pretty much and did my workouts. Either weights, cardio, or both... I have a system I'll detail later. The only days I took off were scheduled. I have seen good increases in my strength, AND when I had to run about a block in the heat to catch a bus today, carrying a metal hand cart AND a heavy tote bag, I did it without even losing my breath! Yay!

I have decided, this was decided Tuesday actually, that I will not be joining a gym. I can get up at 2 AM and go into my garage. I can have hairy legs, greasy hair sticking out in all directions, and just wear an old sport bra, shorts, and some slip on shoes. I don't have to catch any buses and no one's going to hit on me in the shower room when I"m naked. Ew. That was awful... this woman walks up and looked at me, said "Oh, you smell delicious." I just kind of gulped and showed her the perfume spray. So, I will be at Home Gym from now on.

I am considering the purchase of a used punching bag. I get a lot of lower body work already; I have stress in my life, and a punching bag will not break down like a treadmill. I can't think of a reason NOT to do it.

Worst case I can save and get myself a new one by the time my birthday rolls around in September. That would be a great gift.

Tuesday I really only went to Academy and bought some of the warmup shorts - I like the way they breathe, and they have cute colors. I also love the drawstring waist. I got myself a purple baseball cap; and a yellow one. I got some microfiber t-shirts, too. They are getting ready to discontinue them so I was really glad I got them when I did. A lot cheaper than what the gym had asked!

Salvation Army was happy to come by on Tuesday and get rid of a whole front porch (about 20 square feet) full of stuff. It was all in great, resellable condition. It's a win-win. Less crap; and they get to help more people.

I wanted to go to the Bible bookstore but I could feel God telling me No. So I just went to Starbucks and home.

Wednesday was cardio day. I got up early and did half an hour on the bike at 70% heart rate. Ron bought it for himself, about 5 years ago, when I was severely depressed. He kept trying to get me to help him pick but I didn't have the energy. We got it at a used sporting goods store. It has 10 different programs. I like it a lot; plenty of variety and a good safe workout.

Then we went to work (still waiting on that repair), came home, went to Foodtown, got groceries, came home and put them up. A very brief nap. Then Walmart, because Ron needed his medicine. By the time we got home I was trashed. I pretty much ate and went right to bed.

I have been feeling a little odd this week and realized, to my horror, today that I had accidentally doubled up on my antipsychotic. I had been taking it morning and evening. Yike. I fixed that immediately.

Today, work again, home. I took a nap. Ron had called the Christian bookstore and found out they had a case of New Testaments for me (in addition to everything else, a lot of handouts - my favorites being the eager teenager, literally falling out of her seat to look at a Bible I'd just handed out; the soldier at the gas station; and the two old ladies on the bus today). I had a few refusals, if I didn't I think it would freak me out a little, but everyone was very polite. The people who said yes were positively eager. God really makes this tremendously FUN for me. If I could tell people anything that would be it: God makes it fun.

I've been asking God to help me with patience, and he has. Tuesday I was standing on a very busy road. I needed to cross the right turn lane to get to the crosswalk to cross the street. The cars kept coming and coming. I just stood there waving them on, go ahead. I wasn't even annoyed. I just mumbled "Love is patient, Love is kind...go ahead" Eventually I ran out of cars and was able to go.

I took my nap. Ron was kind of cranky. The heat, etc. I laid down for a nap and woke up at 2. I figured, why not get the Bibles? It was early. It'll just be hotter tomorrow. I might as well go.

So, I did. This morning I prayed over the candy and Bibles like I always do, and asked God to give me the right amount. I forget now.. but sure enough I had JUST enough.

I grabbed the folding hand cart (basically metal tubes that form a right angle, with bungee cords) and left. Actually, I got a block from the house, remembered the cart, and went back for it! [laugh] THEN I went to the bus stop.

I got to the bookstore in record time. I walked in and saw a new guy. I looked around a little and went up front. I had 5 of the NKJV paperback Bibles in my hand basket. He asked if he could help; I told him they had put some NT's on hold for me.

He asked a few more questions and got on the intercom. "There's a lady here who says we have New Testaments for her?" "HI HEATHER! I'll be right up!" [rueful chuckle] I like being KNOWN. I find it somewhat sad - am I the only one doing this?.. apparently. [shrug] I don't know.

I do know the only person who gave me a Bible, was a Gideon. He was very nice about it and I said thank you.

Sometimes I get an "Alright!" as they see the candy. [grin] I'm doing what God's appointed me to do; my job is pleasing Him. I handed out the majority of my "Stuff" on a bus route that made a grown white man pale with fear.

I'm glad I can be useful to God. The guy at the bookstore saw me pick up the box and offered to help "I'll take that out to your car for you, ma'am. "

"Oh, I don't drive. I'm taking the bus!" He just gaped at me as I rolled off with the hand cart. I had a very smooth trip home, too.

Then the neighbor very nicely asked me to trim my bushes, and that took about an hour. All done now. So much for my "Day Off Working Out!" HA!

No comments: