Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Let's Go Get 'Em

For me, a Big Bible Handout (BBH) is a lot like a sneeze, it just becomes overpowering until I NEED to go do it. I always ask God for a few hints, and He gives them.

Ron offered to buy me Bibles, and asked how many I had - not typical.
I got the right amount of tracts I needed
Bible studies kept backing it up.

I mean, how can anyone read Romans 10:14-15 and NOT want to go hand out some Bibles? I just got that tonight, AFTER I did a BBH.

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" - NIV

So, last night found me bagging up 30 or so New Testaments. Me, I want to hand out as many as possible. God desires OBEDIENCE, not quantity. One tract might have more lasting impact than a million Bibles, if God has prepared a heart.

So, I bought a handcart and a milk crate, did up 30 and went to bed. I had it all planned how *I'd* do it. [cough cough]

Well, this morning came and I realized God wanted me to do MORE New Testaments. Awesome.

I had gone to Lady Footlocker and gotten some more t-shirts, I picked a REALLY cute flourescent pink shirt. People could see me coming for a long ways off.

I had the cart. I had the milk crate, happily STUFFED with New Testaments. I had my beautiful sign.

I prayed seriously and found the right corner. I unrolled the sign.

FREE BIBLES.

I had over 60.. .they were gone in less than 45 minutes. I also got some lovely encouraging comments from other Christians. :)

Then the cart and I went and had a fun little day out. I got rained on but I had a poncho.

Tomorrow hopes to be a more leisurely day, but I'm feeling a burden to load up on LOTS of Spanish material.

Yessir.

No comments: