Thursday, July 8, 2010

A couple of weeks' of hives for me

I love you, Heidi! Take care! Pretend you are standing up for someone else if that helps! Sometimes I ask myself, "Would I let someone treat my sister or Ron like this?" Very telling.

The bad repairman is playing major headgames. "Oh, I got the wrong part". Agh.

I got up again, at 2 AM and did my workout (today, intervals on the exercise bike). Go, Heather, go. If I'm not mistaken my waist IS looking a little better defined. I am blessed with some free weights, a plastic step, and a used recumbent exercise bike. You'd be surprised how much I can do.

I almost want to wear a burqua to work now, the huge ugly tent the Muslim women wear? You can't even tell if there's a human in there. I really don't want to be so TRAUMATIZED by all this, I just want to get over the fact that some married guy wanted to play kissy-face. I keep flashing back to it; when I do I pray for HIS marriage.

I offered to tell Ron the name, and he said no. He is outside right now, "Working on the gate". Kind of like my knitting, which is going well. Ron probably has the right idea.

We had a milk delivery, so we were at work for a very long time. I stocked snacks, soda, food, bottled soda, you name it. I helped Ron sort change.

Mr Phony Refund told me he lost money on the coffee machine LAST NIGHT. [snorting with laughter] When it was turned off and unplugged, he lost money. He couldn't have even GOTTEN money into the machine. He angrily informed us he would not be buying our coffee anymore because "We don't pay refunds" - we do, you just have to go to a window and fill out a piece of paper "Coffee machine, date, amount, your name". Then Ron and I go and put the money in a little envelope, and tape the paper to it, and the admin files it for the person. It is all documented so people CANNOT ABUSE THE SYSTEM. If Harry Smith is filing for $5 refunds on chips every day, they note that. The honest people have no trouble with it.

We don't hand out money at the machine, he means, so he is taking his business elsewhere. It was all I could do NOT to breathe a sigh of relief. Oh, OK. He stormed off. I started snickering and Ron said "Thank God!"

Some Chinese guys came by and taught Ron how to say "Good Morning". I have forgotten, but it was pretty.

Finally time to go. We had a very young man come and pick us up. I really think I could have been his mother. He was very rude, he stepped out, looked at me, laughed, and said "YOUR HAIR IS SHORT!" Yes, I said. I just looked at him, then I said "He likes it" (pointing at Ron) and "I only care what he thinks, anyway." Ron turned his head and said "You look beautiful!" He was not a safe driver, he was yakking on the phone the whole time.

That is an instant termination firing offense. Had we called and said this they would have told him to pull over and that would have been the end. I prayed about it, especially as he would get so involved in his conversation, he wouldn't notice the light change, the car behind us almost rear-ended us several times. Anyway, I got the feeling from God he was going to fire himself, and not to worry about it. I did give him some candy (shrug).

Our next driver wanted me to tell her who he was, so she could "warn" him. I didn't remember the cab #.

We got to Starbucks and got our drink. Ron got something snacky and LOADED with wheat. He apologized and I said "Enjoy it. It's just a couple of weeks of hives, for me!" Not worth that kind of itching.

The calamari from last weekend, was. Tasty. I didn't get too hivey.

Then we came home, yay! I was beat and took my nap. I keep drifting off the home keys and typing martian even now.

I took a couple hour nap, woke up, petted Bubba, watched some TV, got a beef soup bone in the crock-pot, did some dishes, etc. I also got my God Time.

When I turned off my debit card I also turned off all my debits. That was good for one group, but 2 others need their money! I was able to "fix" one; the other I need to call.

I can't have "my" missionary going hungry!

Tomorrow Ron and I have a fun "date day" planned. It should be a lot of fun. I already got a Powerade to pre-load before I go out in the heat, pushing the wheelchair.

No comments: