Thursday, July 22, 2010

I smell like chicken

I smell like chicken. Wednesday Ron took me to Foodtown and I scored lots of meat, including some "chicken tenderloins" that look and taste delicious. A lot of chicken every night for me, I'm happy.

In fact, Ron laughs because I only eat chicken 2 weeks out of the month. For me, chicken is a completely hormonal food choice.

I also got a pot roast (Ron is addicted to my pot roasts) and some skillet steak. I also "tried" some milk.

I have been adding some dairy back into my diet. Full fat cottage cheese was a little iffy, but once I got that going I was fine with full fat yogurt. Today I tried some whole fat milk. If I can drink milk, I think it will definitely help my protein intake. I think the carbs would be "better" than peanuts, for instance.

I am still trying to find my peanut happy place, too. How many peanuts are enough? What will make me gain?

My weight has been a bit stuck with the experimenting (about 178); not to mention the workouts. I have been doing weights every third day. Powerlifting, even.

My strength has gone way up (up 20 pounds just on my squat this month). I assume I am adding on muscle mass, retaining water and fluids for muscle repair, etc. I'm doing this somewhat blindly.

As long as I am not gaining, I'm calling it a win. I will probably sit down and formalize dairy and peanut intakes this weekend; then work from there.

After Foodtown we went home, and then went to Starbucks. We came home, I took a nap, did some cooking, and bed early.

I got up at 3 today, did my weights, got ready for work, God Time. I handed out some Bibles today, it makes me happy.

I have found it interesting, three times recently I have had dreams that God rescued me. You know I believe in the Rapture, I believe it won't be long now either.

Do I think I got a "Message From God"? No.

Encouragement, maybe.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

muscle weighs more than fat good for yuou with the eating and work outs..my diet ..well it is crap right now I need to get back on the low carb wagon!


our zombie movie night was fun! thanks Heather!