Friday, July 30, 2010

Sharon went to Jesus

For those of you who know me from the message board, especially my old blog, you will recall Sharon. She was always so kind, sweet, and full of good advice, generally EXACTLY the thing I needed to hear. I never ONCE heard her say an unkind or gossipy thing.

She was a great role model and a bold Christian; I recall her saying on one occasion that she wasn't ashamed of Jesus. I know she was saved.

She was diagnosed with cancer early this year. By the time they found it, it had already spread to several organs. She managed to hang on for a while, but then it spread to her brain. She was miserable with the radiation therapy so she made the decision to stop.

Today, she went home. On a rather alarming note, she is the second blog reader to die of cancer within a year. Zer died of breast cancer in September. It's a good thing I'm not superstitious or I'd shut this thing down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R5ss-eBK-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUWbmtbzDno

Some songs that seem to apply; I hope you enjoy them.

I know, when Ron wakes up, I'll cry all over him and tell him Sharon went to Jesus. He will get that look and tell me he envies her; he died years ago and would love to go back. He will chide me gently for "being sad" and tell me I should be happy for her; she's happier than I could ever imagine.

He's right. But I'm still going to cry my eyes out. If you read this blog, please get a checkup. I don't want to lose anyone else.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

we cry for our own loss in these things

I am so sad to hear about Sharon but thanks for posting

and Zer ..I loved her too so sad she always had just the sweetest things to say

so much loss in this world

my friends pastor used to say in response to "why are there such mean old people you would think the closer they got to the end the better the behavior"
well she responded "it is because God keeps giving them chances!"

with Zer and Sharon perhaps they needed no more chances huh?

many hugs and you know Ron very well so you will let this go in one ear and out the other ..go have a coffee together if you can today maybe?