Friday, July 23, 2010

Why I take my pills

I had a good day off today. Ron and I slept in, I got up and did my workout and God Time. I had a nice refreshing shower and we went off to eat some BBQ.

We brought the wheelchair so we had the option of taking the bus home, which we did. After eating, we went to Foodtown.

Since I am doing fine with milk, I have decided to add in 3 glasses a day, maybe another one on a heavy workout day. I LOVED milk, but a horrible bout of food poisoning several years ago "did me in". Now, it's back. Yay!

After Foodtown, and one gallon of whole milk heavier, we went to the bus stop. A very pretty woman was there. She was carrying a backpack and had a restless look.

She was manic. A man at the bus stop was making sexual overtures. It was obvious watching her that she was/wasn't interested. The mania was demanding she respond positively to the attention, but she, herself, was not into the guy.

I tried not to watch. He was touching her and kissing her, and it was obvious to me I couldn't stop it. The bus finally came, thank God, and we got on.

As I pushed Ron home from the bus stop, I thanked God for the upper body strength that allows me to push him around. It was easy to get him up and down off curbs, etc.

But I couldn't stop thinking about that woman. The only difference between her not sleeping alone tonight, like it or not; and me, who can say No to unwanted overtures?

I took my pills today; she didn't.

No comments: