Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday

Last night was interesting. 

Ron wanted to watch a movie "From Here to Eternity".  I turned it on in the middle and guys were drinking heavily.  I turned it off.  I have enough alcoholism at home. 

I heard a voice, not very loud, outside the front of my house.  My front yard is maybe 30 feet wide.  I looked out front and the young man in #2 was getting into a car and leaving.  With no loud music.  I find it interesting his mother (?) is more "thug" than he is.  He is a delight as a neighbor.  I really enjoy him.  If my cats were running loose I bet he would like them, and that's my highest endorsement.  I can't say enough about him. 

In the meantime, I knew it was time for #6 to have the birthday party for their youngest, who is now 4.  I expected the usual uproar outside with kids crashing off the side of my house, screaming until 'all hours", etc.  I saw the cars and SUV's stacking up in the street, and girded myself. 

And they were very quiet.  I don't see how they had a party with - what - 15-20 guests and only one working bathroom, but they did.  I didn't even hear them leave. 

#6 is exhibiting a lot more maturity, lately, in his parties.  I still expect the "Until 3 AM" uproar party on Christmas eve - that is a standard for them.  Way to ruin Christmas for all the neighbors.  I feel sorry for #8, they just moved in and have no idea what to expect.  They are in for quite a shock. 

But, the rest of the time, he has proven pretty quiet except for the incessant, ongoing, remodels.  I don't get people who fix their house, then rip it all out and "fix" it again a year later.  It would be a lot cheaper to just buy a "better" house and leave it at that. 

We may need to get a new toilet.  I suspect the manufacturer made it to only last a couple of years, then be replaced.  It just doesn't flush well and that can be embarrassing when someone comes over, they have to flush it 3 times just to get some urine and toilet paper down the drain.  I am really disappointed.  I thought they made quality toilets these days. 

My previous toilet was good for 30 years before we replaced it.  It still worked pretty well except for outlet problems, and a crack in the side where I believe Ron fell on it during a blackout.  Ron has been pretty hard on the bathroom during his blackouts.  Back in 2005 he had one so bad he fell and put his head through the wall of the tub. 

Lucky for him, we had the wrong drywall, it was all soft and the wood behind it rotted (which resulted in an extensive repair job in 2012), but his head went right through the wall, showing the rotted stud.  Our handyman had to screw the patch onto the tub because we had no viable wood at that level.  And it pointed out a problem we didn't know we had. 

Had the tub been walled "properly" he would have broken his head, his neck, or both.  It's fine now, I stayed in 2 hotels this month and neither was as nice as my tub.  I wish I could tell Pete that.  He's the one who fixed it for the love of Jesus.  He's a good man. 

God has sent me some good people. 

So I slept great last night, I had Torbie and Biscuit again.  I don't know if Baby Girl slept with Ron or not.  They were playing "get the hand" this morning so they are "talking". 

I woke up and realized no doctor appointments this week, not even a shot.  I just have to give him his vitamins.  And he needs to call the MRI place so he can get that done for his pain doc.  Doc wants to do injections into Ron's back, with what I read from his blood thinner inserts, that would be a bad idea.  You can end up with blood clots in the spine which lead to paralysis.  We don't need that.  So I think we will abstain. 

I laid it all out pretty clearly for Ron and he agrees.  It's his body so I will abide by his decision.  I just told him, if he does it, he should probably go off the blood thinners for a while first. 

I think he sees blood clots as a bigger threat, they have put him in the hospital twice so far.  Better to just do the magnets and pills for the back. 

Conservative.  Although Doc is a wonderful sweet man. 

I have about 3 hours before our ride to get some lunch.  I need to take a shower for sure and will probably do more house cleaning.  I have a couple more litter boxes need doing. 

I'm pretty much caught up on laundry, finally.  I just need to finish drying that load and get them hung up. 

Then, after we eat, I need to take Ron's clothes he's been wearing, dehair them, and put them in the pile of dirty clothes.  I always have a clothes pile pending.  When it gets big enough I wash it. 

Jeans have to be balanced, so I have an old pair I don't wear any more I will use to counterbalance the washer if I only have one pair.  Ron hates jeans, prefers twill pants, oversized, so he looks a little like a gang banger.  He says he doesn't want any rubbing on his neuropathy.  Khaki doesn't work for him, they get dirty too fast, so I buy him black. 

Black is great, but we have two brown tabbies and a white and gray cat.  And Biscuit sheds a lot of white. 

So, when the load finishes, I will hang it up.  I really like the new socks I bought at Walmart, they are Gildan, polyester and nylon, ankle socks, very fitting, in a slightly larger size because I have wide feet.  They are very affordable.  They feel good on my foot and they don't get soggy when I sweat. 

I am still debating whether I will get rid of all my old socks or keep them.  The old socks are all different types, all ankle crews but other than that different brands and all.  I hate to throw them away but I also hate to dig around and match them! 

That's it for now, I will let you know if anything interesting happens at dinner. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use the old socks as cleaning rags and then toss them out.