Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Tuesday

Annoyed at Ron. 

First, I slept really late this morning, for me - 8 AM.  Not so notable but I went to bed at 7.  PM, the night before.  I am a firm believer that solid emotional and physical health is linked to solid sleep. 

If I need a lot of sleep, I take it.  I have a condition, with a worse mortality rate than breast cancer.  That's pretty serious.  Bipolar kills about a quarter of the people who have it. 

I had a pretty good wakeup with Biscuit in my bed, begging for breakfast.  I got up and fed him. 

I forgot to tell you, yesterday was cute.  I got up a couple hours early, checked on our pickup, fed the cats, and went back to bed for an hour.  After a few minutes of eating, Biscuit joined me, only to beg for an additional breakfast when I finally did get up for good! 

He would have so much fun if I had dementia, and couldn't remember when I fed him.  He could just beg and beg and eat constantly. 

So, this morning, I got up, fed them, I forget what Ron's mood was like so it couldn't have been too bad.  I took the shower bench out of the bathtub enclosure. 

It is awkward, and gets in my way.  Ron doesn't use it, he prefers a straight bath.  I used it because I was having some lightheaded moments with the Risperidone.  I worried I might fall - although there are no reports of falls or fainting associated with the drug.  And surely someone would have by now.  Just a little lightheaded sometimes. 

But the trade off wasn't worth it.  It was hard to wash my feet without getting them under the water flow, turning around, etc.  So I took it and put it back in the garage, then took a shower without. 

I noticed, brushing my hair, the ends were pretty dry and the roots were not greasy.  Now and then, of late, I have skipped washing my hair *every day* and it has been fine.  I went ahead and washed it today, but put shower caps on my list of things to buy at Walmart. 

Ron wanted some things.  That was fine, I understood he didn't want to go, but needed various items.  He gave me $20 for a cab one way but no money for stuff, told me he would pay me later.  He is generally very good about that. 

Baby Girl was lying in bed with him.  Torbie joined them and Ron pushed Torbie out of bed, then called her back and only gave Torbie treats.  I told him, if he did that, he would breed ill will between the two cats, and if he was giving treats to one cat he had better give treats to the other.  Sad to see Ron playing head games with the cats. 

I got my bags, and my garage door remote, and called Arturo, who was only a couple minutes away.  He took me to the store.  I talked about the cats on the way. 

I started shopping.  I called Ron with a question or two and he answered me.  He seemed to be in a positive mood, good spirits.  I finished my shopping and asked him if he wanted something from the deli.  He said no.  He seemed surly. 

It was safe to assume he had been drinking, but he had been talking about taking his computer to the guy to get it fixed today.  I guess I assumed he would stay pretty sober for that. 

Computer repair, is, to me, a sobering subject.  Although my last computer didn't die, it just had a lot of blue screens so Ron bought me a new one and took my old one.  The old one is the one that died, Ron says he did something to it but won't tell me what. 

Anyway, I got some candy for the repairman.  That's just smart to me.  Service people love chocolate, whether they are medical or technical.  The only exception to that, our vending machine repairman seems to be on healthy eating now.. 

I called Arturo (I told him I would give him first crack at my ride home), he said yes and I went outside to wait.  It was pretty nice and sunny.  Since I am running a little depressed I am sure the vitamin D and sunshine will help.   It sure can't hurt. 

That's the sort of thing I like to try first.  Or in addition to my medication. 

Arturo came and we went home.  I got in the house, Ron was in bed, very surly and argumentative.  He actually threw a canister of cat treats on the floor (no cats were around).  I corrected him on that and demanded he give them back. 

I remember thinking "I paid over $25 to get home to you, and I get this?"

He was in a really bad mood and said he wanted to sleep.  Said he would get up in a couple of hours.  So I left him alone.  A while ago, he told me he was hungry.  I reminded him he said he didn't want anything from the deli, when I called (he had been pretty rude about it and called me a "food pusher", then making a crack about my weight).  I gave him a protein granola bar and he ate that. 

His alarm should be going off pretty soon, then we go to the computer guy.  I need to find an old flash drive because I am pretty sure the one he bought today will not work with his old computer operating system. 

We will have to wait on the verdict.  Can the old computer be saved? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Sad to see Ron playing head games with the cats."

Your husband is one sick f--k. I can only imagine what he does to the cats that you don't see. If you won't stick him in a nursing home because of the way he treats you at least do it for the cats. They don't deserve his abuse (and you don't either) and can't tell, leave or defend themselves.

My grandmother physically abused her son (who ironically was also the golden child and worshiped above his sister - imagine the head games associated with that). Anyway she lived with us and one time my brother came home and went to say hi to her and caught her just smacking our little poodle for no reason. This is why I always say abusers never change they either find a new target or run out of targets to abuse. Through and through they never change.