Wednesday, November 28, 2018

A day with minimal water pressure

Today was weird.  I went to take a shower and minimal water pressure.  I checked the yard and the street.  No water.  It wasn't us.  If it wasn't us it must be the district. 

Well, crap.  There went my shower.  I stood there naked in the tub staring accusingly at the faucet.  I finally got out.  Biscuit was very interested and got in the tub with me, sniffed around, and jumped out again. 

I had also planned to do a load of clothes, but I didn't dare run the washer with little water pressure.  I could only imagine it would cause the computer to freak out. 

Well, that was my plan for the morning.  I finally said to hell with it and took a nap.  Torbie got on me, literally, purring and putting a paw on my face every time I stopped petting her.  She is a little extortionist.  She does that with Ron, too, but it's padded by his beard.  We don't mind, we accommodate her. 

I took a little nap but Ron woke me up going to the bathroom.  I warned him about the water pressure.  He said he had to go regardless.  He went, it flushed OK.  Now I understand the flush water was already in the tank, but the tank filled up OK.  I got up and checked the water, it ran the way it should. 

I ran a load of laundry with stain remover, on the soak cycle.  My new socks did not wash well in the wash bag.  I used some stain fighter additive (safe for my machine) for the soak cycle.  I also took the socks out of the bag.  The soak cycle fills and agitates for a while, sits for an hour, and drains, leaving me with a load of soggy clothes.  I then add detergent (Tide) and run a regular load.  Only once have I forgotten to turn the knob from "soak" to a standard cycle.  I remembered today.  I put it on heavy duty. 

I watched some TV, Ron called Chuck and they talked for a while.  The load finished.  I took the clothes out of the washer, no stains.  The stain fighting stuff I use (Shout Gel, and Biz) really worked.  The socks looked very good, wearable.  I was worried I would have to throw them all out.  I couldn't bleach them because all the fibers are synthetic, plus it would damage the elastic.  I had put in a pair of Ron's pants.  The pants had to be washed, they had stains and looked bad.  Not only were they clean, the legs were practically tied in a knot from all the agitation.  Ron's sweatshirts looked fine and so did our t-shirts. 

I just had to take the socks out of the bag to get them clean.  Lesson learned.  I will probably put them back into a bag for storage, though.  I ran the dryer, hung up the clothes when dry.  I left the socks in the dryer. 

I need to get up early so I will go to bed early tonight.  It was a strange day, without water for part of it, or effectively without water.  It did remind me to bring the bill to work so I can pay it. 

Ron's back seems to be bothering him, I will check on him before I go to bed and make sure to let him know I am going to bed.  Overall, he is pretty good about "letting" me sleep when he is hurting.  He is not always good about that when he's drinking.  But, as far as I know, he's had very little today. 

A reader mentioned things seem at their worst right about now.  I mentioned I believe 2011 was worse.  I will have to go look up some random posts but from what I remember he was drinking heavier, more verbal abuse, keeping me up all night, more blackouts, etc. 

Then in early 2012 I had what I believe to be a miscarriage (I did not get checked out).  If I did it was a good thing because I was in no way able to care for a child at that time.  Those were some bad times. 

Had I been pregnant, and maintained it, I would have probably given it up for adoption.  If you were wondering. 

No comments: