Friday, November 2, 2018

A trip to the vet, and Walmart.

I slept in today, until around 8.  It was pretty cold this morning but it warmed up. 

 I had a very nasty headache, but I had things to do.  I called the vet and got them to put some flea medicine on hold for me.  I took some headache pills and got ready to go.  Once I was sure they'd kicked in, I called a cab. 

I didn't want to bother Arturo, our regular guy, because he hangs out about 10 miles from where we live - between work and home.  Handy.  But I didn't want to send him all that way just for a $13 trip. 

Well, it would be more, but I still didn't want to bother him.  He took the trip anyway, I laughed when I saw him pull up out front. 

I took my tote bag, stuffed with reusable tote bags, out and explained I wanted to run by the vet.   Since it is a prescription product they had it in each of the cats' names.  All 3 were named on the receipt.  However, they were 13 pounds and up.  Baby Girl is right about 13 pounds.  I didn't want to overdose her so I had them swap that for a lower dose. 

I would feel so awful if I accidentally killed or injured Ron's cat, and he would never forgive me.  Once I got that I paid up (not cheap!) and went back out to Arturo. 

We went to Walmart, I paid him and told him I would give him first crack at my ride home, if he wanted.  He said yes. 

I went in and started shopping.  I got Ron's granola bars - they had something in a cashew flavor.  He loves cashews, but he said no.  He wanted the Salted Caramel Nut.  OK.  I can't eat them even if I wanted, they have almonds in them.  But I am quite happy to see Ron eat them because he gets protein and fiber.  I got Ron's needles.  I teased the tech she was going to end up memorizing our names and birthdates.  It seems like we are always there picking something up.  I checked, 10 needles, 25 gauge, 1 inch needle.  Just like the old ones, which have been working. 

Good.  I stuck them in the tote bag along with the flea medicine and progressed with my shopping.  I was browsing drink mixes when Ron called.  He wanted something salty.  I notice he has had more appetite since he got the iron. 

I read some choices for him.  He made his selections.  I didn't ask him to pay for the granola bars or the chips because he gave me $40 for cabs and I know he doesn't have much money.  He heard me flinch, though.  Someone was on a ladder, throwing bags of chips on the floor.  An employee was doing this.  Awful.  I almost lectured them but decided not to bother.  But I'm sure not eating those chips! 

I headed over to the cat section.  I found some primavera, but I couldn't remember which flavor I had gotten.  It was either chicken or tuna, whatever it was the cats loved it but I forgot.  Both Ron and I have memory issues of late.  Both due to medication.  We manage OK but I need to remember to put it down on my phone if I want to remember it. 

I have a nice list making app I use frequently.  I have notes on Ron's favorite pair of pants, for instance, so I can check to see if they are available and throw a pair in the cart.  I use it for various reminders and for lists. 

They did have a variety pack of primavera, 3 different meats, one box.  It looked good and simple so I threw it in the cart.  I got a gift bag for Mrs. Jack.  I looked to see if I could find a 16 ounce sturdy plastic cup - I couldn't.  I bought some more socks - like I told Ron, I hate digging around for a matching pair at 4 AM. 

Then I went bra hunting.  I didn't find the exact one I was looking for, but I did find one that looks doable.  It is padded and no "bones" - underwires, so I won't get stabbed.  I saved the receipt, I can try it on at home.  But I haven't had any problems with that brand fitting.  Pretty durable stuff, too. 

I threw that into the cart and then checked out with a very nice transgender person.  I went to the bank and made my deposit.  Apparently the system was overloaded, I hope my deposit clears. 

Then I called Arturo.  He said he'd be there in 15 minutes.  Good enough.  I waited outside in the sun and ate a small bag of chips.  We came home.  I called Ron to open the garage door with his remote, because I had mine in the back of the cab (in a tote bag).  Mainly, I wanted to let him know I was home, and have him "help".  He likes to help. 

He was delighted and opened the door, we brought everything in, I paid the man, and I shut the door.  Then I took everything (not much) into the house.  I worked on putting it away.  Ron said he wanted some chips, so I brought them to him. 

Yes, I spoil him.  I brought him a bag of chips as he lay in bed.  And, hearing that, you would think he is 500 pounds instead of a rock steady 150.  He worked on them, munching, while I put the new bra and socks into the laundry room, hung up the receipt, etc. 

As I worked, I couldn't help but notice the work trucks out in front of our house, for #6.  They are, apparently, so poor they must take welfare (I have gotten papers in my mailbox, I could tell from the return address), but not so poor they can't afford 2 brand-new cars in a year, and now a remodel of some sort.  It must be nice.  Funny, I work for what I have. 

By the time I finished it was pretty late  I decided not to take a nap.  Ron was sleeping by now.  I didn't bother him.  He is like a vampire, he sleeps better during the day. 

They have drugs for blind people with "Non-24" (can't sleep at night) disorder, but God only knows the cost, or, more importantly, the side effects.   Ron is taking ENOUGH. 

I never dreamed we would be taking so many pills.  I take 8 a day.  Ron takes 7 a day, offhand.  3 pain pills, 3 gabapentin, one folic acid.  I take 5 mood stabilizers, two antidepressants, and an antipsychotic. 

Pills!  So many pills!  I don't see how we are going to pack them all for our trip out of town.  We will need a whole extra backpack just for the pills. 

Right now I am waiting to go out with Ron, we are going to the Waffle House.  I want to do another post about family shaming after something tragic.  It is a very real problem and one that bothers me tremendously. 

No comments: