Sunday, November 18, 2018

And off to the bathroom

After a while in bed, I almost fell asleep (Biscuit got up in bed with me), Ron started yelling he had to go to the bathroom.  So I got him into the wheelchair and into the bathroom - a little tricky getting him on the throne but we got it. 

Then I left him and went back to sleep.  He spent a while in there, I think he fell asleep.  Happily I did not need to "use it". 

Biscuit laid on me, purring.  He got fatter while I was gone.  Torbie lay near my foot.  It was very cozy.  It started to rain and it was very loud for some reason.  I think #6 has some sort of metal sheets in his yard that are making the racket.  He does these long-drawn-out remodels every year or two. 

I can't help but think if he used citizens, people with a license, he would have better results and wouldn't have to "fix" things so often.  Instead he hires obvious illegals who are dropped off in front of his house every day, and only speak Spanish.  They are taking their sweet time doing the work because they are paid by the day.  It's been going on 2 weeks now, for a simple bathroom remodel. 

Pete, the guy who fixed my bathroom, only worked on the house after he was done with his 9-5 job, and he fixed my entire bathroom faster than that.  And he worked for free! 

So the whole family of 8 is stuck with one bathroom, for the duration.  I don't envy him. 

Ron and I have talked some more about his memory issues on the pain pill.  He has them.  He has a harder time reading braille, for instance.  It is harder for him but he can't go around in agony all the time.  And the pill has only one other minor side effect, one that is common with pain pills. 

My anti-psychotic has some side effects but nothing major.  Some tenderness in my chest.  Some growth in my chest, I believe, but I didn't measure before.  Let's just say some bras don't fit as well as they used to.  And I get a little lightheaded now and then, especially when I have taken a headache pill.  But I can live with that. 

Who could forget the horrible hives of 2009?  All over my body, horrible itching hives.  I passed out at work but did not report it.  Went home, took a nap, woke covered in hives.  I had to take a course of steroids but heavy steroid cream to eliminate them, and it took about 2 months before they healed.  I am now allergic to SSRI's.  So I avoid them like the plague.  That was a bad side effect. 

I can live with pretty much all my side effects right now.  Ron is learning to live with his. 

No comments: