Saturday, November 3, 2018

Everything I take makes me groggy

I slept pretty well last night, no headache, but had a hard time waking up.  I feel like everything I take (except the headache pills) makes me groggy. 

I took a shower with my Suave Rose Oil shampoo and conditioner.  My hair is about halfway down my back and dry at the ends, so I figured I'd better start using conditioner.  I bought it yesterday.  It smells nice and rinsed "clean". 

I got dressed, trying my new socks for the first time.  They don't have any cotton in them and I was curious to see how they worked.  I am an ankle socks/quarter crew kind of woman.  I like an inch or two of cuff but not much.  I had 12 pairs of these socks - HAVE 12 pairs, so I was curious to see if I had make a bad call or not. 

They fit nicely, and, as it turns out, worked well for me throughout the day.  So, a good call.  They seem durable, too, and you can't beat the price at $6 for 6 pair.  They did a good job wicking sweat and didn't get soggy like cotton would. 

Now I am set on socks for a while. 

We went to the warehouse.  Ron was in a bad mood and that lasted until we "clocked out".  I think he feels a lot of pressure running the business and supervising me.  He tends to react by lashing out at me.  At one point I said something to him and he didn't like my tone (the actual words were harmless).  He asked me how I would feel if he talked "like that".  I told him he did, all the time.  He didn't much like that and went away for a while. 

But I still did my "helping him" thing, taking him to the bathroom, fetching drinks, verifying things for him, doing things he couldn't, etc.  And I honestly don't mind doing those things.  I don't even need a big diet of praise and appreciation.  I just wish he would curb the verbal attacks.  It is especially embarrassing when he does it in front of the customers. 

The work day was pretty uneventful except for one guy shouting at me because we didn't have any turkey sandwiches.  I bought Baked Lays - they have a good variety pack, and stocked them into Snack 2.  We will see how they sell.  There was sure a lot of interest last week and they cost the same as a "regular" large bag of chips.  Like I said, we'll see. 

If nothing else, I told Ron, it will keep the "healthy eating" crew off our backs.  Six granola bars and five kinds of chips, almonds, and trail mix.  That's not a bad percentage of the machines.  We got most of it done and put everything away. 

I had bought enough supplies to last 2 weeks, we will not make a supply run next week.  But, as you know, we have limited space.  I had a hell of a time getting everything into our area.  I had literal towering stacks of soda on my rolling carts.  But I got it! 

It's kind of like playing Tetris.  I would have taken a photo but they are forbidden, at work. 

I got it all done and we left. 

You may have wondered why I went on about the shampoo.  I was swarmed by bees while waiting on my ride.  First one bee came, and left, then another.  Turns out they must use real rose oil because the bees were VERY interested in my hair! 

We came home, I took a nap.  I woke up with Biscuit and Torbie sleeping on me.  So precious.  But I had a headache and had to take something.  I got up and did that, then went back to bed.  Biscuit left me to look out the sliding glass door.  Torbie stayed.  Torbie is so much fun - she doesn't run around and play much, but she is always nearby for petting.  She is, Ron and I agree, the perfect cat. 

Now I am waiting for Ron to get ready so we can go get some dinner.  Paratransit was going to leave us at the restaurant for 2 hours, so Ron decided to take a cab one-way and paratransit home.  Let's hope it all works out. 

I worked hard today and I could use a treat. 

No comments: