Monday, November 5, 2018

A couple of days in one, again

I slept great, but woke up with a headache.  I felt pretty well rested and it was light out.  I looked at my clock: 7:15.  I went ahead and got up, took my headache pills, used my aromatherapy roll-on (got it at Walgreens), talked to Ron. 

Last night (Saturday) I did up my pills for a week and a half, and put one bottle of each medication into a ziplock, which then went into my backpack.  They are sitting next to a bottle of headache pills.  That would be hell to travel and eat strange foods, without them as backup. 

I had a pretty quiet day.  I didn't do much, but take a nap.  One of my friends found her missing cat, with a broken leg.  The cat is 17.  I hope it has a happy outcome. 

I was going to wait until "6" to feed Biscuit, but he wasn't fooled by the time change.  He wanted dinner at "5".  So I gave it to him.  Same thing tonight.  I will start feeding him at 6 again when the time changes. 

I did some packing, did up my pills for a week and half.  I put my new multi vitamins in the pill organizer.  The pills are from Swanson.  I figured, if I'm going to give Ron a multi, I want it to be a good one, and Swanson is the best.  I got this.  I was thinking about it after I bought it and realized, hey, I can take it too.  It would probably do me a lot better than the vitamins from China.  So we're both taking them. 

Ron is very good about asking for his vitamins when he eats, and then I give it to him.  He prefers to chew up a mouthful of food and "accept" the pill right before he swallows.  It works and the pill goes down.  He hates taking pills with water and would rather take them with food.  So we do.  It's easy enough. 

I don't mind shoving my fingers in his mouth because we are married.  If there are any "cooties", I have caught them by now. 

So I did my pills up, and put the extras, in their prescription bottles, into a ziplock and then my backpack.  That's done. 

I went to bed early. 

I woke up at 3. . I could not go back to sleep, and I had a headache, so I figured I might as well take my headache pills. 

Now, one reason I believe I am a good neighbor, no one knows when I am awake, because I am quiet.  I hope for the same from my neighbors.  Ron slept peacefully. 

I fed the cats - they wake up when I do.  I ate some sunflower seeds and took my pills.  I have seen some good results with the multivitamin. 

I took a shower, it took a while to brush out my hair, I didn't - yesterday.  So I got it all brushed out and then took my shower.  I'm not shaving my legs right now even though it looks to be warm all week. 

I wore one of my "new" jeans, the black ones.  I was curious to see how they would work and if I might want to take them on my trip.  I plan to wear 1 pair and bring another.  They were a little tight in the waist, at first.  But they were fine as I went through the day.  Good.  Happily, they cost less than $20, even for a large size, so I am happy. 

The cats like to snag their claws on my jeans, so I need something cheap.  Although, with the worn and holey jean fashion, I guess my snags fit right in. 

Ron got up, I helped him, then we went to work.  The driver was telling us how she wants to go to the shelter and find a german Shepherd puppy she can "raise up with the grandkids, so it won't bite".   A good rescue dog will not bite children if they are playing appropriately.  And you can pretty much forget about finding a purebred, much less a purebred puppy.  I didn't tell her that, but I couldn't help but think a nice medium sized mutt would be the ticket - some sort of lab mix. 

We got to work and got started.  Ron told me to do snacks.  I told him I would help him first and then do snacks.  When my back was turned, he did some heavy lifting.  I wasn't happy with him.  He gets so impatient and doesn't want to wait, hurts himself.  I helped him stock all the soda and then helped him get started on "running" change. 

Then I went to work on snacks.  I did about 90% of them before we ran out of time and had to leave.  We cut it pretty close, the ride was already waiting by the time we got out there.  Things were busy at the bank. 

We had $1's, $5's, and a jar of change.  We did the change first.  Ron dropped the $5's on the floor, I had to pick up the loose bills before someone else got to them.  There are a lot of customers with dubious immigration status at that bank.  We handled that transaction.  Then I went off in a corner and counted the $1's.  Not much.  We had to get back in line and wait forever to see the teller again.  When we did, we exchanged the $1's for $20's.  Finished, we called Arturo the cab driver. 

We went home.  Ron set up our trips for tomorrow, seeing his pain doctor, go home for a nap, and then off to vote.  Then, later, Waffle House. 

We set up an open pickup to come home after voting.  I don't know how long it will take.  I keep hearing about record turnouts but what will that mean for our little area?  Generally it has gone very fast. 

So, tomorrow will be a busy day.  Ron checked the rest of our trips for today and got very upset.  He had made a ride to Walmart instead of a ride to get something to eat.  He had plenty of leftovers, though, so he just ate them.  I did forget to give him his vitamins when he ate.  I will have to give them to him, later. 

I will scrounge up something to eat.  I have plenty of food around the house, I'm just not interested in a lot of meal prep. 

I took a nap and woke up with a headache.  I took something and got up.  I fed Biscuit & Baby Girl at 5.  They gobbled it up with relish.  Turkey primavera. 

I'm not sure how I feel about cats eating vegetables, but the cats love it all and lick it down to the plate.  So I'll keep feeding it as long as they seem healthy. 

Ron's been sleeping.  He will probably sleep 8 hours this afternoon/evening and then be up all night. 

I need to eat, change the litter boxes and clean them, take out the garbage, check the mail, etc.  I hope to go to bed early and get a good sleep.  Tomorrow will be a busy day. 


No comments: